Notifications
Clear all

Camouflage Makeup for guys?

MemberMember
(@facel3ss)

Posted : 03/29/2016 5:30 pm

Hey guys! Hope everyone is having a good day :)

I'm a guy and I have pretty severe acne scarring over most of my face (rolling/boxcars/ice picks) as well as skin tone issues (red/brown marks). Needless to say I get a lot of stares. Some inquisitive, some confused, and some disgusted. I'm at the end of my ropes and I hope to hide just a fraction of my scarring and marks.

I've already seen many dermatologists and even went so far as to get Mixto C02 laser surgery 4 months ago (which may or may not have helped. I can't really tell).

I need your help! I have zero knowledge on makeup and how to apply them. I've heard of camouflage makeup that *may* or may not help hide some scarring and marks. Can someone help provide any info on the essentials and any links that may help? I have dry and oily skin and I'd like to use makeup that looks very natural (I don't want to look like I have makeup on). From what I Google'd I'll need some sort of foundation, maybe a color palette to determine the color that will match my skin, and maybe a setter powder. I know there's much more to this. 

Please help!
facel3ss

MemberMember
(@viseslav-tonkovic-capin)

Posted : 03/29/2016 9:08 pm

Many acne scars will disappear on their own. For remaining scars you should see a dermatologist for lasers, peels etc. as, unfortunately, makeup for men is still not socially accepted. If you really want to use makeup then please avoid pasty and pressed makeup as they sometimes can worsen acne. Try loose mineral makeup instead (e.g. bareMinerals). I wish you all the best and let's keep fighting acne together!

MemberMember
(@chloe123)

Posted : 03/30/2016 12:09 am

Mineral makeup for a heavier coverage,bb cream to even out skin tone, tinted moisturiser for coverage (most tinted moisturisers come with SPF- so sun protection is a bonus), green primer to hide redness and fill in pores.

Youll be surprised how many men actually wear makeup. In Korea nearly 1 in 3 men wear a full face of make up.

MemberMember
(@facel3ss)

Posted : 03/30/2016 7:57 pm

22 hours ago, Viseslav Tonkovic-Capin said:

Many acne scars will disappear on their own. For remaining scars you should see a dermatologist for lasers, peels etc. as, unfortunately, makeup for men is still not socially accepted. If you really want to use makeup then please avoid pasty and pressed makeup as they sometimes can worsen acne. Try loose mineral makeup instead (e.g. bareMinerals). I wish you all the best and let's keep fighting acne together!

Thanks for the reply! My scars will not go away at this point. I've had my scars since my teenage years and believe me when I say they are bad. I do not have BDD and I've already tried C02 ablative laser which is the gold standard for scarring (index of 6, energy of 10 and density of 15% with the 300 micrometer handpiece - for anyone that cares).

I'll look into Bare Minerals. Thanks!

19 hours ago, Chloe123 said:

Mineral makeup for a heavier coverage,bb cream to even out skin tone, tinted moisturiser for coverage (most tinted moisturisers come with SPF- so sun protection is a bonus), green primer to hide redness and fill in pores.

Youll be surprised how many men actually wear makeup. In Korea nearly 1 in 3 men wear a full face of make up.

Thanks Chloe this helps! In what combination or order should I apply these? Do you have specific brands/types for any of the items you listed above?