Notifications
Clear all

#1 Foundations For Acne-Prone Skin

MemberMember
(@dawgdaze64)

Posted : 07/28/2014 7:35 am

I love Estee too. I use the max cover version of double wear. It is some seriously intense coverage, but I like it because I can just put a little dab of it in my moisturizer when I want just some light coverage, like for work or everyday stuff. If I want more coverage for a fancy event or something, I just put a bit more foundation and a bit less moisturizer, so it's very versatile. Also, at full strength it makes a great concealer for a couple red marks I have, so I just dab a bit in places where I need extra coverage and it blends in beautifully, instead of having to use a separate concealer and try to match it.

I think the regular double wear is probably great too, I just like how versatile this one is because I can use it stronger or make my own 'tinted moisturizer' out of it and it takes the smallest amount so I don't feel like I'm wearing so much makeup.

Yup, max cover version for me, too. And I don't even bother with a concealer, either. I use a very fine brush, dab it on, then set with some loose powder. It's amazing what this stuff will cover. When my skin was oily, it kept the slickies at baythe result was that I always had a nice, dewy texture. Now, that I'm drying out, moisturizer instead of a serum is a must, and I switched out my oil blotting sunscreens with regular formulations. Otherwise, I end up looking chalky. As I'm beginning to clear, I'm using less. Will definitely try your tinted moisturizer trick!

MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 07/28/2014 8:40 pm

Lately I've been trying it mixed with my sunscreen (loving md solarsciences sunscreen), and it works quite well. Today I bought one of those sponge applicator things out of curiosity, so we'll see how that goes.

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 07/30/2014 12:01 pm

Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation and NARS concealer work for me.

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 07/30/2014 8:07 pm

L'oreal forever, I've tried all the department store and boutique foundations and other drugstore brands, and these are the better. I like my texture light, blendable and dewy, and L'oreal does it.

MemberMember
(@lanie1)

Posted : 12/22/2014 3:55 pm

Hey guys , what do you think of smashbox cc cream and their primer? Considering getting it but would like to know if it's caused any problems (: