Notifications
Clear all

Sunscreen And Accutane

MemberMember
(@agreefarm)

Posted : 02/16/2014 7:51 am

Hello everybody! Atm i'm using accutane , and i want to ask a thing :

Is necessary use the sunscreen if i'm going to walk only 10 minutes under the sun?

Because I'm under the sun only 10 minutes per day and and i don't like the sunscreen so i'd like to not use it ;D

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/16/2014 5:03 pm

Yes! Staying inside or in a car doesn't block UVA rays.

As evidenced by this guy:

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMicm1104059

MemberMember
(@lanette)

Posted : 02/16/2014 5:43 pm

what kind of sunscreen have u tried? i have a problem w/ sunscreens because they make me break out...im never in the sun unless its driving in a car or walking from car to store....so i sometimes think i dont need it...but i heard i do...any advice would be great

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/16/2014 6:08 pm

Elta MD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 sunscreen is excellent. Not water resistant, though.

L'Oreal Sublime Sun Advanced Sunscreen SPF 50+ Liquid Silk Sunshield For Face is a "chemical" sunscreen you can probably find at your local drugstore. This is water-resistant for up to 80 minutes.

Sunscreens made by cosmetic chemists aren't comedogenic. They have to test it before releasing it to the market--at least in the U.S.

The "breakouts" you experience may be irritant or allergic reactions to sunscreens or something else. It's possible that the acne is on it's natural cycle.

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 02/27/2014 6:23 pm

In my first week of accutane I got burnt going to the zoo on a cloudy day. I was wearing factor 30 and it was about 20 degrees celsius... does that answer the question? :P