Notifications
Clear all

Jojoba Oil & Under Eye Wrinkles

MemberMember
(@angela368)

Posted : 02/11/2014 2:16 pm

A lot of information online says that jojoba oil is very good for hydrating the skin, and therefore getting rid of wrinkles. However, some of the websites encourage usage of jojoba oil under the eyes to get rid of fine lines and wrinkles, and some of the websites state that you should never use jojoba oil on the delicate skin around the eyes. I just ordered Jojoba oil to try for the first time from acne.org, and as I do have fine lines and wrinkles starting to form under my eyes, I am hoping my answer is the jojoba oil. Is it ok to use the jojoba oil straight from the bottle on the skin, especially under the eyes? I plan to mix a few drops with the moisturizer as instructed on acne.org, for my entire face, but wondered if I could get more concentrated effort under my eyes with the straight oil? Or will putting the oil directly on the skin under my eyes be harmful? Thanks for any help/advice/answers.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/11/2014 7:25 pm

Jojoba oil doesn't penetrate into the skin very well, and there isn't anything in jojoba oil that I'm aware of that would be more "hydrating" than just the standard petrolatum + glycerin combo. Jojoba oil does make a nice emollient, though.

The tricky part about putting anything under the eyes is you might get stuff into the eyes. (Well, duh, but a lot of people don't think or care about that risk.) Also, having diseases like eczema and rosacea limits what you can apply near your eyes.

The closest you can safely apply things without doctor supervision is around the orbital bone, but I wouldn't personally do it.

Sources:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S092318110700374X

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 02/27/2014 6:22 pm

It's not really going to help with under eye wrinkles unless they are caused solely by dry skin.

You should ideally use a humecdant based eye-cream with peptides.

MemberMember
(@winenotwhine)

Posted : 04/01/2014 5:55 pm

I apply Jojoba oil under my eyes. It keeps the area super soft and hydrated. I also used Emu oil for dark circles; it does wonders!

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/02/2014 10:45 am

Try vegetable glycerine. And I use safflower oil which is nearly 80 percent linoleic acid, a major component of sebum that works as it should to make skin glow. Sebum in Mammals with skin problems have been found to be deficient in linololeic acid. A coupe of gene/enzyme mutations have been identified as causes. I also don't wash away the lipids, ceramides & peptides produced by my skin with cleansers.