Notifications
Clear all

Best Concealer For Covering Acne And Scars?

MemberMember
(@fireh123)

Posted : 11/13/2013 3:17 pm

I'm mainly considering drugstore items, like maybelline, revlon, etc.

Has anyone had any experience in the use of the following concealers?

Revlon Colorstay

Maybelline Fit Me

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touche

Maybelline 24 hr

Physicians Formula Super BB All in One

And if you have any recommendations, please post them.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 11/13/2013 3:33 pm

I've tried every one of those and more! None of them worked for me :( The only one I found that has awesome coverage is Dermablend Concealer but its not in drug stores I found mine at Macys for $21 but it lasts a very long time since it covers so well you don't need very much :) If you do find a drug store brand that works great please let me know. Good Luck :)

MemberMember
(@sunnysarah)

Posted : 11/13/2013 4:27 pm

I'm mainly considering drugstore items, like maybelline, revlon, etc.

Has anyone had any experience in the use of the following concealers?

Revlon Colorstay

Maybelline Fit Me

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touche

Maybelline 24 hr

Physicians Formula Super BB All in One

And if you have any recommendations, please post them.

Thanks!

Hello Fireh123!

A few days ago I bought the Maybelline Fit me Stick foundation that's supposed to have a mattifying core. It feels nice on my skin, but I'm only going to use it once in a while since it doesn't look as natural as I like. My absolute favorite foundation is the bareminerals mineral foundation. It is about $25 but lasts over a year. It looks like I have nothing on, and feels like I have nothing on, which is what I prefer in a foundation. It really depends what your skin is like and how severe your acne is. I have very mild acne, but used to have moderate, and bareminerals has been great for my skin both times. While bareminerals worked for me, there are many people that are allergic to the ingredients in it, or have very flaky skin which looks odd with mineral makeup. Hope this helped! (:

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 11/13/2013 7:27 pm

The Fit Me concealer is pretty good, and it comes in various shades. It doesn't fully cover red marks if they are really red, but if you use it under foundation it works well. It hasn't broken me out and it blends in with my foundation. If I wear it with mineral powder, though, it doesn't look good.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 11/14/2013 1:08 am

I actually really like the Revlon Colorstay. Both the foundation and concealer cover marks and scars well, in my opinion. I apply with a stippling brush.

Mac Studio Sculpt also covers very well. The only reason I stopped using it was they don't have any good color matches for very pale, cool-toned people like me. Even their palest tones are too "warm" and give me a yellow cast. But if you have more color in your skin, I would recommend it highly. It is pricey though...$27 a bottle.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 11/15/2013 12:17 am

I know mac isn't drugstore but the Studio fix concealer is awesome! Hides the redness and discoloration perfectly for me.

MemberMember
(@desiderata)

Posted : 11/29/2013 6:29 pm

I've been using the Neutrogena SkinClearing Belmish Concleaer ( http://www.neutrogena.com/product/skinclearing+blemish+concealer.do ) for the past few years and it works pretty well!

It's a bit liquid-y and may not cover as well but it has the salicylic acid in it that MAY help a little.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 12/05/2013 3:23 pm

hey cassiecat, i was wondering if you have any ideas of how to cover raised scarring. i have it on my chin and am in between co2 laser treatments to remove it but i cant seem to find a way to conceal it at all. its not that raised but it looks more raised with makeup on if that makes any sense. you are such a pro with makeup and after watching your youtube videos i love that you are so positive! i love the dermablend concealer and use that a lot but never found a good foundation that doesnt make my scars look worse. any ideas?