Notifications
Clear all

Primer Suggestions

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 11/09/2013 11:55 am

It seems every time I use a primer under my foundation my pores become clogged and I'll breakout in tiny pimples, much different than my regular acne. Has anyone found a primer that works well and does not clog pores/break you out?

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 11/09/2013 12:55 pm

nope....and I've tried, instead I focus on liquid foundation and apply a mineral powder over the foundation....I like that finish and it doesn't break me out, I use the physician's formula mineral powder

I just gave up on the primer, but I look forward to the answers here, maybe there is something I haven't tried!

MemberMember
(@randomgirl1984)

Posted : 11/09/2013 2:55 pm

I use BeneFit Cosmetics POREfessional primer, I find it really helps my make up go on smoothly and doesn't break me out.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 11/09/2013 4:01 pm

I did NOT like

• Loreal Studio Secrets Primer
  • Rimmel Fix & Perfect Primer

I DO like

• MAC Prep + Prime (get the one without sunscreen added)
  • Victoria's Secret Fresh Face Brightening Gel Cream
MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 11/09/2013 5:19 pm

A while back i asked the same question- bought cover Fx primer- loved it the first week- hated it the next. Now because of accutane i dont wear makeup so i dont need any of it anymore!

Valerie44 liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/10/2013 3:47 am

Hourglass is a good mineral primer. Smashbox photo finish light and makeup forever primer never broke me out either.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 11/11/2013 8:48 pm

I just recently started using the revlon photoready pore perfecting primer. Loving it so far and no breakouts. :)

MemberMember
(@sunnysarah)

Posted : 11/12/2013 6:03 am

Porefessional by Benefit. Best primer ever! It makes pores disappear, and skin texture silky.

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 11/12/2013 11:23 am

I really like a lot of Merle Norman products and their primer is no exception. They have two-one with SPF and the other without. I prefer the one without...it's less pore clogging. A lot of Merle Norman's products are oil and fragrance free and don't have a lot of pore clogging ingredients. grinwink.gif

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 11/12/2013 11:15 pm

I've been using cover FX's SPF primer for months now with no problems. I also sometimes use a serum instead of primer and that works too. But really, a good foundation shouldn't even need a primer, just a good moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 11/13/2013 4:28 pm

Just an update, I went to sephora and asked one of the girls what she would suggest and she handed me dr.brandts pores no more pore refiner. I almost got benefits porefessional but decided to go with dr.brandts because of the ingredients. Pricey though but I had a coupon. Hopefully won't clog my pores. I haven't found a foundation that lasts on my oily skin which is why I need a primer.