Notifications
Clear all

Need Makeup Tips!

MemberMember
(@kris1787)

Posted : 03/11/2013 3:05 pm

I need help! Ever since I started using benzoyl peroxide I can't seem to get my makeup to go on smoothly. As soon as I put on makeup it doesn't cover ANYTHING. Except the spots where I don't have acne, which is a small section, it doesn't stick to anywhere. I moisturizer before and I am using a primer. I use brushes also. The trouble spots like my lower face, you can even see at my hairs on my face. Before using bp I never had this problem and I didn't use a primer then. I decided one day to not use bp and my makeup when on beautifully. I need to use bp to help clear the acne. Am I not using a good primer? I was thinking I should just focus on healing my skin first and not wear makeup at all.

MemberMember
(@justabeginner)

Posted : 03/12/2013 9:38 am

What does your acne look like? Is it widespread or is it more spotty, with pimples/dark marks dotted around? If it's widespread, I'd recommend mineral makeup and not trying to conceal everything. If if it's more spotted, I'd recommend finding a good concealer and only spot concealing, not trying to cover your entire face with foundation, and just dusting a setting powder over that.

If you're comfortable going without makeup, then obviously that would be the best option!

MemberMember
(@kris1787)

Posted : 03/12/2013 9:10 pm

I'm not working now so I can get away with not wearing makeup. It is widespread, the places where there is no acne my makeup looks good so I'll just concentrate on treating the source first