Notifications
Clear all

Blistex Causing Lip-Line Acne

MemberMember
(@kris1787)

Posted : 03/11/2013 2:00 pm

Blistex and lip balms

I've been getting pimples on my lip line ever since I can remember. It just dawned on me after reading some articles on here that maybe my lip balms were giving me acne in that area. I use blistex as least 3 times a day. They other day I had 3 pimples on my lip line and the one hurts like hell. So I threw them away, and my Burt's bees because they had some minor comedogenic ingredients in them.

My blistex didn't have ingredients listed on the tube (how convenient) it must have been on the box it came in. Anywho I looked it up on the Internet and saw that the first three ingredients are the most comedogenic on dans list.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 03/11/2013 2:36 pm

I too use Blistex and I kinda assumed they would contain comedogenic ingredients due to the texture of them. I usually just try my best to keep a small gap between the skin on my face and my lip just in case and that's helped prevent any kind of breakout around the lips.

I would like to find a more natural non-comedogenic lip balm, so if you have any recommendations, let me know! :)

MemberMember
(@kris1787)

Posted : 03/11/2013 2:55 pm

Dan says to use Vaseline and I've been using that for a day now. Too early to see results but I haven't gotten any new pimples yet.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 03/11/2013 3:05 pm

Might get a little tub of that then. I have a huge tub of it somewhere, but can't really be getting that out at college! :P

MemberMember
(@kris1787)

Posted : 03/19/2013 3:48 pm

It's been over a week now, still haven't had any breakouts along my lip line. Guess I won't be using blistex anymore. Now I'll have to look at ingredients before I buy everything for my face. :) better safe than sorry!

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 03/20/2013 3:00 pm

Its more likely to be due to the amount of bacteria that lipbalms harbour so I wouldnt get too obsessed with 'pore clogging' ingredients just yet :)