Notifications
Clear all

What Is Bb Cream?

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 04/09/2013 4:05 pm

I tried the Garnier BB Cream for Normal/Oily Skin. It was way too sheer for me.

Now I use Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream. It's THE BEST. It's a Korean brand, so it has more coverage than the American brands. It's the best "foundation" I've ever tried, EVER. I love it. It has lots of great benefits, but the ones that I've benefited from the most were the 'lightening effects' and the SPF. My red marks are fading, my skin is fresher looking.

It covers any fading red marks from acne (or existing acne) with just one pump from the bottle. The only thing is that you have to set it with powder or else it can become shiny.

MemberMember
(@vanbelle)

Posted : 04/18/2013 12:05 pm

Just wanted to say, I've been using BB cream for about 2 years now. It is not just a glorified tinted moisturizer. You must be using the American stuff.

Original Korean BB cream from BRTC is the bomb, specifically Jasmine Water BB cream and Blemish Recover Balm. Jasmine Water is the best. It smooths over your skin and is easier to work with than a foundation, and I use it instead of a moisturizer. It's my foundation and moisturizer. Very natural finish.

What I love about it is that powders generally highlight all my blemishes, and liquid foundations give me shine. By replacing BB cream with my moisturizer, my makeup looks pretty good all the time.

If you have fair skin, it'll work for you the best. Darker complexions, you'll probably still be ok too. It blends well. I would find Makeup Alley reviews of the BRTC creams and find the ones meant for lighter/darker skins. But I know that Jasmine Water is a favorite. You can order it on Amazon.

That's me after bb cream and blush --

52a547ad-a78b-4cc4-ba34-75ac51b5f73d_zps

MemberMember
(@pink3)

Posted : 04/19/2013 12:31 pm

Thanks everyone for the great prodcut tips. I will difinitely have to try the Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream as I also suffer from old red acne scars. I will also try the Jasmine Water.

Vanbelle & heitea your skin looks great!rolleyes.gif

(@LewisS)

Posted : 04/20/2013 6:00 am

I want some of this!

Might try either the Lab Series one or one of the Korean brands.

Any recommendations for oily-combination skin?

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 04/20/2013 9:17 am

Thanks everyone for the great prodcut tips. I will difinitely have to try the Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream as I also suffer from old red acne scars. I will also try the Jasmine Water.

Vanbelle & heitea your skin looks great!rolleyes.gif

Thanks!! I'd actually like to do a tutorial on the Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream to show how well it goes on. I apply it with a flat-topped foundation brush, which makes it go on very smoothly and flawlessly. I do "dotting" or "stippling" motions to get more concentrated coverage on my red marks. Then I quickly brush some powder over all of it, and it looks amazing!

I want some of this!

Might try either the Lab Series one or one of the Korean brands.

Any recommendations for oily-combination skin?

I have oily-combination skin and even though Lioele Triple the Solution looks semi-oily when it goes on, if you set it with powder, it looks great! I no longer have a mixture of dry spots and insanely oily spots on my face. I could not recommend this product enough. :) Good luck and have fun looking for the right makeup for you! :D

MemberMember
(@vanbelle)

Posted : 04/20/2013 2:27 pm

^^ I'll have to check out Lioele! I've experimented with a couple other BB creams but have found myself coming back to the Jasmine Water.

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 04/21/2013 5:21 am

hi, BB cream stands for 'blemish balm" cc cream is for "color corrector". They are similar but cc cream is newer, it has more antioxidants, sunscreen good stuff, ect. It is also generally lighter in texture and more suited to oily skin.

I hardly wear make-up as my skin is pretty clear but for occasions when I do, cc gream is great. It gives you a glowy natural look and if you read the ingredients very carefully, you can find one which is best suited for you.

No I haavent rtied the Rachel K but have heard good reviews. Clinique just created one and also this Hungarian company called Omorovisca are supposed to be best for acne-prone people. Clinique costs $35 and the other is WAY way more--about the price of a weekend stay in a motel in Jersey. lol. Most reputable brands with counters in the department stores will give you a sample to try before you buy.

I really like the idea of bb/cc creams for me cc creams feel better and have less chance of clogging pores.

Has anyone tried a CC CREAM??? It is suppose,to be better than BB. I think i am going to try Rachel K cc cream. If anyone has already tried this please reply back. Thanks

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 04/21/2013 9:11 am

^^ Speaking of samples, Lioele lets you order samples before you purchase. The Triple the Solution is $28, so before I bought the large tube, I got three/four samples (which totaled at about $2.50). Always do samples first!!! Also, their shipping is super fast and they send you lots of extra samples and coupons with any purchase. haha, sorry about all the hype, but it's valid hype, I promise!