Notifications
Clear all

anyone familiar with faerie organic mineral makeup?

MemberMember
(@webbie)

Posted : 11/02/2008 9:04 pm

Hello,

Has any one here used faerie organic mineral makeup? For those of you who can't use Bare Minerals or Everyday Minerals, here is what I found out about this makeup from their Web site:

"Faerie Organic Minerals are non-comedogenic. Because they are naturally anti-inflammatory, they will not clog pores and inflame acne or roseacia prone skin and have shown to actually help heal acne. They do not contain any: Talc, Chemicals, Bismuth Oxychloride, preservatives and they are dye free. They have natural occuring SPF and are widely promoted by dermatologists and are shown to be gentle enough for even most sensitive, allergy prone skin."

If anyone has used this makeup, I'd love to hear feedback. I have combination skin which is particularly oily on my cheeks, nose and forehead. Bare Minerals looks good after I first apply it, but within a few hours if I don't reapply at least the Mineral Veil and use an oil blotting sheet, the makeup looks bad on my cheeks and it makes my pores stand out more and my skin looks rough. So I'm wondering if this mineral makeup faerie organic is any better?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@treasure)

Posted : 11/03/2008 8:00 am

never heard of it

MemberMember
(@persephone24)

Posted : 11/03/2008 1:35 pm

Hi there, I have recently used Faerie Organics mineral make up. I liked the fact that they don't use the 'nasty stuff' that BE and others do. I also have oily skin and BE made me look as if I had run a marathon! Faerie organic is certainly much better, The only down side is that the make up starts to slip towards the end of the day and needs touching up to stop it looking patchy.

MemberMember
(@imheather)

Posted : 11/03/2008 4:35 pm

I haven't used this brand, but I have tried Aubrey Organics which appears to be the same idea. However, I ended up not liking the finish of Aubrey, it was really wierd and did not go on smoothley and made my skin even more dry than it already is.

I will have to check this stuff. I am trying to find a good powder makeup with out mica and bismuth.

MemberMember
(@imheather)

Posted : 11/04/2008 2:58 pm

Can someone tell me where they got this from? I tried doing a search and nothing really comes up.

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@hplyevraftr)

Posted : 11/04/2008 6:35 pm

I'd like the site as well Heather... google turned up bare :(

Anyone??

MemberMember
(@hplyevraftr)

Posted : 11/04/2008 6:43 pm

Found it:

http://www.faerieorganic.com/

MemberMember
(@imheather)

Posted : 11/05/2008 10:00 am

Thanks for the link. Well, it sounded promising until I saw the ingredients. It has Mica, which I am trying to stay away from. It makes my skin WAY too itchy.

MemberMember
(@sweetie_pie)

Posted : 11/05/2008 11:34 am

Thanks for the link. Well, it sounded promising until I saw the ingredients. It has Mica, which I am trying to stay away from. It makes my skin WAY too itchy.

I think you would have a very hard time finding a mineral makeup without mica as this is the most popular ingredient companies use instead of Bismuth Oxychloride. Bismuth is the ingredient that causes the itchy dry irritated feeling. I haven't heard of many people having problems with Mica. The reason people have a problem with bismuth is because it is actually a processed METAL that has been mixed wit tin and copper, when it gets into your skin it causes irritation, rash, dryness and in some cases acne. I use Faerie Organic's Minerals and I love them. I used to look way to greasy and oily with BE and I itched after a few hours. I never have the itchy feeling now and I personally do not have a problem with slipping, my makeup always stays on all day which it never did with BE. I also like the fact they use Boron Nitride which is known to help with acne due to the fact that it is naturally antibacterial. My face has gotten so much more happy since I have been using it. I'd really recommend it.

MemberMember
(@imheather)

Posted : 11/05/2008 11:41 am

I was actually thinking of Bismuth when I said that...however, I have Urban Decay right now and it has Mica...it doesn't itch like Bismuth, however it does irritate my skin a little bit. It's kind of like this tingling when I put it on...very wierd. It doesn't last all day or anything. I just am not sure if Mica is an irritant for me so I was looking for something without it. I know, hard to do with mineral makeup...which is why I tried Aubrey but the finish was just not good for my dry skin. I was thinking of trying Avene Compact Foundation- it's made for sensitive skin and has a high SPF. Mainly, I just want either a powder or a compact because I have come to hate liquid makeup.

I may order the free samples from Fraerie and see how it works. Thanks.

MemberMember
(@ayla)

Posted : 11/05/2008 1:10 pm

Rejuva minerals is mica and bismuth free. I am currently trying their samples. Coverage is fine, concealer brush hides any problems. Eyeshadow is highly pigmented and transfer resistant. Will update in the Rejuva thread if I plan to make it a staple.

MemberMember
(@imheather)

Posted : 11/18/2008 11:56 am

I got my samples a few days ago and well, I really like this stuff so far. I think I am going to go ahead and buy a full jar, I just wanted to test out a few colors.

Thank you to whoever posted this! I may have finally found my new foundation!

MemberMember
(@annajenk)

Posted : 08/07/2010 4:16 am

i heard of this product, actually i ve done my research online and ran across people recomending it..i tried BE but i coulnt take the burning and itching...cant believe that they actually sell product like that...i am tired of my sensitive skin and breakouts and not being able to find a product that is gonna make it better and keep it clean and beautifull...i def ordered couple samples from faerie org mineral make up and am anxious about the results...

MemberMember
(@amkzn)

Posted : 11/08/2010 12:50 pm

Hello,

Has any one here used faerie organic mineral makeup? For those of you who can't use Bare Minerals or Everyday Minerals, here is what I found out about this makeup from their Web site:

"Faerie Organic Minerals are non-comedogenic. Because they are naturally anti-inflammatory, they will not clog pores and inflame acne or roseacia prone skin and have shown to actually help heal acne. They do not contain any: Talc, Chemicals, Bismuth Oxychloride, preservatives and they are dye free. They have natural occuring SPF and are widely promoted by dermatologists and are shown to be gentle enough for even most sensitive, allergy prone skin."

If anyone has used this makeup, I'd love to hear feedback. I have combination skin which is particularly oily on my cheeks, nose and forehead. Bare Minerals looks good after I first apply it, but within a few hours if I don't reapply at least the Mineral Veil and use an oil blotting sheet, the makeup looks bad on my cheeks and it makes my pores stand out more and my skin looks rough. So I'm wondering if this mineral makeup faerie organic is any better?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@amkzn)

Posted : 11/08/2010 12:54 pm

YES!!! After years and years of searching for a product that would not cause horrible acne for me....Faerie Organic is the only thing that works. Bare Minerals did not even work for me. I have been using Faerie for over 2 years....and the service you receive from the ladies there is 2nd to none. 100% satisfied!!

MemberMember
(@kerrywynne)

Posted : 11/22/2010 2:35 pm

I have been playing around with the sample kit of Faerie Organics I just got in the mail....

I think I just need to tweak my moisturizing routine a bit, but other than that so far I am in love with it. I think I'm going to go for it! It's hard to tell from samples sometimes, the containers that hold the product are super tiny, and I only got a small little application brush that I can tell will not be as good as a nice big one. It does flake my skin a bit after applying, but like I said I think it's a combination of tweaking my moisturizer, the air turning drier, and the fact that I have not applied makeup to my skin in almost a year before this!

I will update you guys when I get the real deal:)

MemberMember
(@celestialbin)

Posted : 10/15/2021 6:08 am

Been using faery organic since 2011 on and off for various reasons. It's the only thing that doesn't clog my pores. It looks natural. It covers things. Needs minimal touch up. I'm really surprised they're still in business being so small. But they are and they're expanding their line all the time.