Notifications
Clear all

breast implants

MemberMember
(@l-karamya)

Posted : 07/23/2007 10:50 am

just to add dissenting voice to this thread i say don't get them but get a reduction if it is causing you back problems

MemberMember
(@ayla)

Posted : 07/23/2007 11:37 am

I had a breast lift after I finished breastfeeding my second child .... really didn't care for the deflated balloon look. :) I got small implants as part of the procedure, to give my breasts more fullness on top.

I was a C cup to begin with, so I was very emphatic with my surgeon about not getting any bigger than that. I have broad shoulders and pretty muscular arms, and I think larger breasts would have made me excessively top-heavy.

Anyway, I'm thrilled with my results ..... my breasts look and feel extremely natural, and the scars from the lift have faded really well.

I totally support women who want to augment their breasts for personal reasons, but I do advise anyone considering the process to think long and hard about how big they want to go. My sister-in-law, who has a very similar build to mine -- tall, athletic, broad-shouldered -- went for a large D-cup. Big mistake, IMO ..... she used to look really elegant in her clothes, and now she's just all boobs.

MemberMember
(@siouxsie)

Posted : 07/23/2007 12:10 pm

What are these comments that having larger boobs makes you more feminine?

Some women look fine with implants; they don't go too large & don't suddenly feel the need to invest in skanky halter tops. Still others look like some ridiculous science experiment gone wrong....and the scary part is that's the look some women want. They don't even have breasts anymore; they have some imaginary body part invented in a laboratory.

My sister had a friend who got too large implants & she looked stupid. It didn't make her seem more feminine at all. She just looked like a big fat cow to me.

My mom's friends has had them a long time & you would never know it, she didn't go crazy with it. She has had to have them replaced every about 10 years though, so twice so far (I know because my mom drove her). I think that's something to think about, especially if you are very young & get them. Plus most women gain weight with age & if you have children that can really change your body. You probably won't stay the same size the rest of your life. I never understand why 18 year olds run out & get boob jobs...being small & perky has long been associated with youth, so I say enjoy it now. You can look elegant and very feminine with small breasts.

MemberMember
(@bunney)

Posted : 07/23/2007 12:20 pm

Well to be quite honest I have always been toying with the idea of a breast augmentation/enlargement for two reasons, one because I feel like my breasts are small to suit my body type and everytime I lose weight they are the first thing to go :( , and two because the first time I went on BC (Diane 35) it caused one of my breats to grow bigger than the other. Now I know its normal for most women to have an uneveness in their breast size, but its something that has always personally bothered me and I just wish my breasts were more even and larger in size (I would go for a full C cup) . However since I still pretty young (18) I think I will try to wait untill I am 21 or so and see how I feel then. Untill then I guess I can always hope that they will grow bigger

MemberMember
(@jessfirestone)

Posted : 07/23/2007 12:24 pm

I support a woman's right to choose. If she thinks enhanced breasts will give her more confidence then I say to go for it. Until society decides to come down off its high horse and stop judging people based on looks, I don't think it's really our place to say whether women should get their breasts augmented.

MemberMember
(@near)

Posted : 07/23/2007 12:30 pm

I'm a guy, and I hate breast implants. Bigger does not mean better.

My two cents.

MemberMember
(@melodie)

Posted : 07/23/2007 12:49 pm

No offense to anyone but it's really sad that so many women are made to feel so inferior that they have to get surgery to feel beautiful! I'm 5'5, 115 lb and a 36B and my man loves me as is! Actually my guy doesn't like large boobs, he says they get in the way. It does seem most men like huge boobs and fake looking women though. Society fucks people up with the standards of what a woman should look like.

MemberMember
(@prettyacnegirl)

Posted : 07/23/2007 1:37 pm

i think a woman should get them if she wants them without anyone giving her a hard time for it, and in all reality no one has the right to make someone feel bad just because they've had them done, or to not get them..... its a personal choice, which is the REALITY

anyways now that i've ranted a llil bit.... i don't have implants but i want them, and i'll get them someday, but i know that it wont be for another few years due to lack of $funds :( my breasts deflate everytime i loose weight, and ever since i had my daughter at age 21, my breasts have lost a lot of tissue from just being pregnant and breastfeeding :( my natural size is a 34c/32d but they don't look like it at all when i'm not wearing a bra :( i'm too young to not have nice breasts lol , at least this is how i feel, and if i only get to live once i'm going to do it!!! i cant imagine staying w/ my natural breasts for another 50 years or so lol.... i'm only 5'2 and weigh 110, but i'd really like a full D cup, i had a full D cup when i was going through puberty and they looked good on my small frame...

but i was wondering, if anyone knows that if you get sub-muscular implants, and if you had a decent amount of breast tissue before hand (c cup but a lil saggy) will your breast still fill out nciely, or will the natural breast tissue just sag off the top of the implant and look all crazy-like???? does anyone know what i mean??? lol

MemberMember
(@jessfirestone)

Posted : 07/23/2007 1:48 pm

^I'm not sure about implants, but maybe what you want is a breast lift (if that's what it's called) since if you're a C and you're just wanting to adjust the shape then maybe that could work better than implants.

I don't think I'll ever get implants but, while it sounds like some guys say they don't like them, I imagine at least half already know a woman whose breasts are implants, and he thinks they're real. Medical advances have come a long way, and they can look natural. It seems like I've read more "My life has changed, I'm so happy" anecdotes about the outcome of getting them, than "I'm sorry I had it done" ones.

MemberMember
(@lionqueen)

Posted : 07/23/2007 2:37 pm

I had a breast lift after I finished breastfeeding my second child .... really didn't care for the deflated balloon look. :) I got small implants as part of the procedure, to give my breasts more fullness on top.

Exactly! They were so nicely shaped before - now I have to 'fluff' 'em up in my bra Is this the surgery where they use netting to reinforce the shape of the breast and alleviate sagging? That looks promising. How painful on a scale of 1-childbirth :D

MemberMember
(@saphire82)

Posted : 07/23/2007 2:46 pm

Im just going to vent here. ANY kind of breast size topic theres people that want to go on their rant as if the ONLY reason anyone ever wants to increase their breast size is because of the way society looks at them. Well SCREW society! I want implants to make me feel for feminine, curvy, which I happen to think is sexy and is most important for how confident I feel when I am topless in front of my husband. I dont care if anyone else in the world noticed my bigger breasts because it doesnt matter to me how I look in front of anyone else! So anyone that thinks that this is because of the media or the general "pam anderson" frenzy that SOME people are going for these days can just forget it! Its not any different than wanting to lose a couple pounds or get rid of your acne or all the other thousands of ways people want to better themselves so that THEY feel better. Period

MemberMember
(@lionqueen)

Posted : 07/23/2007 2:59 pm

I find it unbelievably annoying when people go on anti-cosmetic surgery rants. Seems a very simple issue to me: if you don't approve of breast implants, by all means don't get them. But don't presume that you can get inside the head of someone who wants them ..... and please, spare us the sermon ..... we can think for ourselves.

MemberMember
(@siouxsie)

Posted : 07/23/2007 3:31 pm

I think it's unbelievably annoying when people say they want implants to feel more "feminine" or "sexy" or look "better" & that it has nothing to do with society/media/whatever. Where do they get the idea that bigger breasts are sexier, more feminine, and better? And how is that not insulting to smaller breasted women who have no desire for implants?

That's fine if some women want implants, but don't justify it by degrading smaller breasts.

MemberMember
(@near)

Posted : 07/23/2007 3:34 pm

I think it's unbelievably annoying when people say they want implants to feel more "feminine" or "sexy" or look "better" & that it has nothing to do with society/media/whatever. Where do they get the idea that bigger breasts are sexier, more feminine, and better? And how is that not insulting to smaller breasted women who have no desire for implants?

That's fine if some women want implants, but don't justify it by degrading smaller breasts.

MemberMember
(@ayla)

Posted : 07/23/2007 3:56 pm

MemberMember
(@siouxsie)

Posted : 07/23/2007 4:04 pm

How on earth does my wanting my breasts to return to their former glory insult you? So what if it does have something to do with the societal norms? Does that make the desire or the feelings any less real? No. It's wonderful that your happy with your breasts. Kudos. Some of us aren't, so we fix it. I fail to see why this should have any impact on your life.

MemberMember
(@lionqueen)

Posted : 07/23/2007 4:07 pm

I think it's unbelievably annoying when people say they want implants to feel more "feminine" or "sexy" or look "better" & that it has nothing to do with society/media/whatever.
MemberMember
(@saphire82)

Posted : 07/23/2007 4:07 pm

MemberMember
(@ayla)

Posted : 07/23/2007 4:13 pm

How on earth does my wanting my breasts to return to their former glory insult you? So what if it does have something to do with the societal norms? Does that make the desire or the feelings any less real? No. It's wonderful that your happy with your breasts. Kudos. Some of us aren't, so we fix it. I fail to see why this should have any impact on your life.

MemberMember
(@saphire82)

Posted : 07/23/2007 4:15 pm

MemberMember
(@lionqueen)

Posted : 07/23/2007 4:17 pm

There is nothing sexier than a woman who believes she is sexy - no matter how she looks ;)
MemberMember
(@siouxsie)

Posted : 07/23/2007 4:26 pm

Its human nature and has been a part of natural selection for centuries.
MemberMember
(@miss-chanel)

Posted : 07/23/2007 4:30 pm

No offense to anyone but it's really sad that so many women are made to feel so inferior that they have to get surgery to feel beautiful! I'm 5'5, 115 lb and a 36B and my man loves me as is! Actually my guy doesn't like large boobs, he says they get in the way. It does seem most men like huge boobs and fake looking women though. Society fucks people up with the standards of what a woman should look like.
MemberMember
(@saphire82)

Posted : 07/23/2007 4:46 pm

Well, you know what...think whatever you want to think. We can go back and forth about the reasons why women want to change their breasts, whether its influenced my society or not. I didnt degrade small breasts. I dont know how I wouldve come across sounding like I was because what I was simply stating is that I myself dont feel confident with my own and because I would feel more confident if they were bigger, which is my own personal preference. And when I say bigger, its not the kind of bigger that is portrayed by the media. I am only aiming for minimal increase, like from A to B even, and I would be happy. So implants are the only way to achieve it, no matter how small or big of a change. Some people assume when someone wants implants that they are automatically aiming to achieve huge knockers. Well thats not me, and what I described what I wanted just not is not something that the media pushes either. The media doesnt portray B's as being a well endowed breast size that everyone gets implants to achieve these days. Usually they are B's or C's going larger. Well, let me tell you...Im 25 years old and I feel bad when I see even teenagers that look my age and I look there age, because I have NOTHING THERE and I dont feel good about it! Every little girl wonders when they are going to have breasts, well I wondered for too long!

Sorry if thats dramatic, but thats my feelings.

MemberMember
(@r0ck_staar)

Posted : 07/23/2007 4:50 pm

This is kinda interesting! Well, I'm not really for or against breast augmentation, your body, do what you want. I'm a 34B, 115 lbs, 5ft 4in. and very satisfied with my perky set! Cause I'd rather not have large and saggy when I get older! ;) Also, on a poll on some kind of 'men' magazine, most men preferred the athletic look, as oppose to super skinny or curvy, which was a little surprising. I think elegant/feminime terms are more related to thin girls with small perky boobs. (Keira Knightly, Jessica Alba etc) And sexy/curvy is terms are used more on bustier girls. (Pam Anderson, Jessica Biel, Angelina Jolie). So it's all preference!

And to those smaller chested girls who feel a lack in self-confidence, don't fret!! Cause more guys than you'd know, say "more than a handfuls a waste!" haha. And your chances of sagging when your older are slimmer, on average. You can go braless with slinky sexy tops if you want.

And good luck to those who are going to get augmentation done, and congrats on those who have and are happier with their new boobs! :D

OH and I forgot, don't forget to work your other assets! If you've got a sexy tush, work it!!! haha! You'd be surpised how many 'ass men' there are out there!