Notifications
Clear all

Bumps, hives, bug bites, allergic reaction. What is it?

MemberMember
(@chosen_few)

Posted : 05/12/2006 12:21 pm

Hello You!!!!

Well I am on my fifth month of accutane, and all is going awesome, no more huge bumps under my face, just that its red, and some scarring is visible.

But i have a question, I lost my pill the other day, what happens do i just take another pill from the pack or do i skip the dose?

and just last week all these bumps started appearing on some parts of my body, back, side, and mostly arms and chest. they are not very many. The bumps just appear, are red not too big but they itch alot, and when they are healing there is sometimes a little bubble of water at the tip, then it dries, i dont know if it an allergic reaction or bug bites.

Now this week is even worse cuz they are all over my shoulders, lower neck, legs, thighs and stomach. They get real red and swollen and itch like crazzy

let me know!!!! plz

MemberMember
(@scary-monster)

Posted : 05/15/2006 4:44 pm

Sound like they could be bug bites, or a reaction to something else.

If they are a reaction then an antihistamine cream should help the itching, something thats advertised for isect bites should do the trick.

MemberMember
(@carys)

Posted : 05/15/2006 6:57 pm

Call your doc and ask them about it. Whatever it is, it doesn't sound right.

MemberMember
(@bgask1717)

Posted : 05/17/2006 4:12 am

Hello You!!!!

Well I am on my fifth month of accutane, and all is going awesome, no more huge bumps under my face, just that its red, and some scarring is visible.

But i have a question, I lost my pill the other day, what happens do i just take another pill from the pack or do i skip the dose?

and just last week all these bumps started appearing on some parts of my body, back, side, and mostly arms and chest. they are not very many. The bumps just appear, are red not too big but they itch alot, and when they are healing there is sometimes a little bubble of water at the tip, then it dries, i dont know if it an allergic reaction or bug bites.

Now this week is even worse cuz they are all over my shoulders, lower neck, legs, thighs and stomach. They get real red and swollen and itch like crazzy

let me know!!!! plz

I am starting my fourth month on tane and also started getting these bug bite looking bumps on my arms neck and side of face. This was never a problem till a few weeks ago when the weather turned hot, now everytime I go to work (outside) these bumps re-appear. They are real itchy and ugly as hell. If I dont scatch them they seem to stay on the smaller side. As soon as I go home and take a shower these bumps completley dissapear, only to reappear in the same spot the next day at work. I dont know what it is but its starting to piss me off-my derm looked at them and just said that this kind of stuff happens.

MemberMember
(@chosen_few)

Posted : 05/20/2006 3:06 pm

Hello You!!!!

let me know!!!! plz

I am starting my fourth month on tane and also started getting these bug bite looking bumps on my arms neck and side of face. This was never a problem till a few weeks ago when the weather turned hot, now everytime I go to work (outside) these bumps re-appear. They are real itchy and ugly as hell. If I dont scatch them they seem to stay on the smaller side. As soon as I go home and take a shower these bumps completley dissapear, only to reappear in the same spot the next day at work. I dont know what it is but its starting to piss me off-my derm looked at them and just said that this kind of stuff happens.

It's exactly the thing for me, exact same thing you say, mine swell when i scratch them and when i take a shower they shrink. But my derm said it was bugbites.

MemberMember
(@beana)

Posted : 05/22/2006 6:28 am

Has anyone seen their derm about these bumps?

I am having a rather severe reaction, I've got clusters of tiny blisters. They started out like a rash, but have worsened and are weeping, itching and painful. I have a bad feeling I am having an allergic reaction to the accutane, and I'm only on week 3. It's either that or I coincidentally rolled into a pile of poison ivy(not likely). My worst fear is that I am allergic and the derm is going to have to take me off the drug, thereby cursing me with incurable acne forever. Is there any way to beat this?

balkolite liked
MemberMember
(@balkolite)

Posted : 06/17/2013 8:18 am

Im having the same issue too beana. Going into the seem as soon as I can to get them checked out. My girl friend who had eczema before also notes that it kinda like like eczema so maybe the accutane is causing this. It's itchy with red bumps everywhere and when I scratch it, it swells up into a patch of red. Very ugly and annoying :(

MemberMember
(@rheks)

Posted : 06/17/2013 8:27 am

I doubt it's an allergic reaction, because you would have had them straight away when taking your medication. It may be a side effect of your medication, because as you can imagine it does mess with your body, if it gets worse or worrying, obviously the best thing to do is to contact your doctor to discuss what it could be.

Something similar happened to me when I was on antibiotics for my skin, after awhile I would got what seemed like hives sometimes, it was a side effect, but I was taking off the antibiotics and changed, but it kept happening so I eventually stopped taking them all together,