Notifications
Clear all

abnormal rash? (kind of graphic maybe)

MemberMember
(@ecstazeve)

Posted : 04/29/2019 5:03 pm

Hello, again :D

backstory: 2nd time on accutane. female, 17.  the first time I took it, I did not experience this. currently on 30mg, into 2nd month. 

the rash is itchy sometimes and burns. it's been like that for over a week and only getting worse. my next doctor visit is in 2months and I honestly don't know if the rash is serious enough for me to go for an emergency visit? another thing I've noticed is I'm losing hair, but that's besides the point. 

could it be from the sun? the rash is also extremely dry, and only appeared on my legs and arms, nowhere else. my dad is worried, too. 

3E01EDB6-B81C-48DC-B579-22227C1BD34E.jpeg

D5821BA6-914C-450F-A136-E7DA510F40F0.jpeg

0758D169-CCF5-4CF8-950D-3B6CFB163AE3.jpeg

6CBFE590-AF85-4456-8386-E89AFD469569.jpeg

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 04/29/2019 7:46 pm

The rash is most likely caused by candida, which is a fungus. Candida causes a burning rash with "pimples". Have you taken antibiotics recently ? Candida is usually caused by taking antibiotics, but can also be caused by other things - including birth control pills. Do you have a white tongue? If so, you almost definitely have candida. Do you have dandruff ? Do you feel tired or get headaches??

Go to the pharmacist and buy some clotrimazole antifungal cream and apply it to the affected areas. If the clotrimazole cream does not clear your problem, get back to me and I can provide more targeted advice.

MemberMember
(@ecstazeve)

Posted : 04/30/2019 12:33 am

4 hours ago, Aussie Scientist said:

The rash is most likely caused by candida, which is a fungus. Candida causes a burning rash with "pimples". Have you taken antibiotics recently ? Candida is usually caused by taking antibiotics, but can also be caused by other things - including birth control pills. Do you have a white tongue? If so, you almost definitely have candida. Do you have dandruff ? Do you feel tired or get headaches??

Go to the pharmacist and buy some clotrimazole antifungal cream and apply it to the affected areas. If the clotrimazole cream does not clear your problem, get back to me and I can provide more targeted advice.

None of these. I'm not on birth control either. No antibiotics, no nothing.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 04/30/2019 12:46 am

Have you been in hospital recently ? Or in an accident ?

Accutane can cause candida outbreaks by disrupting the "good" bacteria on one's skin. Itching and burning (and red) skin suggests candida.

I would buy some clotrimazole antifungal cream (available over the counter) and apply it, and see if that controls the problem. Clotrimazole cream is safe. Keep the affected areas dry, and dry them with clean towel or a disposable paper towel after washing them, just once a day, in an anti-bacterial wash (to avoid infection).

Get back to me, if you wish, if the clotrimazole cream does not help after a few days of use.

MemberMember
(@ecstazeve)

Posted : 04/30/2019 1:18 am

31 minutes ago, Aussie Scientist said:

Have you been in hospital recently ? Or in an accident ?

Accutane can cause candida outbreaks by disrupting the "good" bacteria on one's skin. Itching and burning (and red) skin suggests candida.

I would buy some clotrimazole antifungal cream (available over the counter) and apply it, and see if that controls the problem. Clotrimazole cream is safe. Keep the affected areas dry, and dry them with clean towel or a disposable paper towel after washing them, just once a day, in an anti-bacterial wash (to avoid infection).

Get back to me, if you wish, if the clotrimazole cream does not help after a few days of use.

None of these either.

the rash has now spread to my palmstoo.

MemberMember
(@ecstazeve)

Posted : 04/30/2019 1:55 am

My mum decided on me going to thedermathologisttoday. will update.

MemberMember
(@ecstazeve)

Posted : 04/30/2019 9:24 am

Doctor said it's maltiform rash and prescribed me with drugs and a cream. All well, I hope.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 04/30/2019 6:19 pm

OK, that is good.

Just be aware that doctors don't understand fungal skin conditions. If the rash dos not go away, then I would apply the clotrimazole topical cream.