Notifications
Clear all

Need some Accutane advice

MemberMember
(@snooopy)

Posted : 12/17/2018 9:34 am

So Ive had fairly bad acne for many years. Im 18. I live in the US. My girlfriend gave me a pack of Acnotin 20 that she got when she still lived inVietnam. Its just another name for Accutane.

Should I take this? Its only 10pills, but it wasnt prescribed to me. She bought it OTC. I know there are some bad side effects but 10pills wont last very long so Im not sure if its worth it.

Any thoughts? Thank you.

MemberMember
(@will_from_barcelona)

Posted : 12/17/2018 8:23 pm

Ten pills will last 5 days, that doesn't even get you started nor gives you an idea of whether the drug will work for you or not. But even if you had 4 months worth of pills, you should still see your derm and get it prescribed. Your dosage is determined by your weight, so there's a chance those pills aren't even meant for you. You will only be required to run one blood test and provide your weight to the derm, and she'll just prescribe the proper thing.

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 12/17/2018 10:55 pm

13 hours ago, Snooopy said:

So Ive had fairly bad acne for many years. Im 18. I live in the US. My girlfriend gave me a pack of Acnotin 20 that she got when she still lived inVietnam. Its just another name for Accutane.

Should I take this? Its only 10pills, but it wasnt prescribed to me. She bought it OTC. I know there are some bad side effects but 10pills wont last very long so Im not sure if its worth it.

Any thoughts? Thank you.

https://www.ema.europa.eu/documents/psusa/isotretinoin-oral-formulations-cmdh-scientific-conclusions-grounds-variation-amendments-product/00010488/201611_en.pdf

One guy only took for 10 days - it's permanent!!