Notifications
Clear all

Accutane already affecting my moods?

MemberMember
(@marida)

Posted : 12/15/2018 5:47 am

I am 21 years old , female, and I have acne since I was 14. When I was 15 I was prescribed isotretinoin pills which I took (religiously) and it was also the time when I started becoming depressed. I have some history on depression and eating disorders from that year and on. I don't think isotretinoin must have been the only thing to blame for, but I believe it had had some sort of extra effect on me. Now I am okay. I would say that I do get really moody and anxious and all that stuff, but that's just me and i do pretty well in general.

So, last week I went to a dermatologist to start a new cycle of therapy and I told him that I think Isotretinoin has a bad effect on my mood and so he suggested we tried low-dose -paticularly 1 pill of 20 mg every 5 days. Yesterday, the day after I took my second pill, everything started very well and around the afternoon, some minor things happened but really minor - and after that I get random crying bursts, I feel depressed, tired, dizzy, my heart feels heavy and tight, I feel terribly in general, in a way that I have not felt for a long time now. I mean I don't even want to move or to exist. And please believe me that all these days until now, I had let go of the thought that isotretinoin could have such a side effect since the dose is really low, i mean it sounded great.

So, could it be that after just 2 pills of 20 mg, isotretinoin is sending my brain down the black hole???

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 12/16/2018 6:36 am

No, it wouldn't effect you that early.