Notifications
Clear all

Is there any use to try accutane 2nd time?

MemberMember
(@numberone)

Posted : 11/04/2018 6:08 pm

Around 1,5 years ago I ended my 1st course on isotretinoin and it cleared my skin. After stopping it I started getting some minor spots but nothing too bad. I could not really feel them as sore spot, they were just whiteheads. But now I feel like my acne has gotten worse. I'm getting some minor cystic acne to my chin and I have been using Basiron gel but it seems like it doesnt have very much effect on it anymore. Dermatologist told me I should go see her in case my acne starts getting worse and I feel like soon it is time to get there. What I'm wondering is that would 2nd round of accutane help me or will my acne just keep on coming back as bad as it used to? I know there are people here who have done more than one round of accutane.

MemberMember
(@mennz)

Posted : 11/04/2018 10:36 pm

I myself have done two rounds of accutane. The second time I did it the effects of the treatment lasted only as much as the first time, then the acne started coming back, first as whiteheads and then as more deep, cystic acne again. I didn't want to go through it a third time so I started researching on my own how to get rid of acne and tried lots of products, none of them really worked except Retin-A. O totally recommend it. I has many other benefits aside from clearing your acne (e.g reducing your wrinkles). You can use it for life, so there's no need to worry about anything else ever again if it works for you.

numberone liked
MemberMember
(@numberone)

Posted : 11/05/2018 3:36 pm

Thanks for the reply, if someone else has similar type of alternatives that have worked for them I would very much like to hear about them. I checked the retin-a but it seems like it might need a recipe in my country

MemberMember
(@mennz)

Posted : 11/05/2018 8:33 pm

It's worth it.