Notifications
Clear all

Spironolactone - Stopped working?

MemberMember
(@chickbree123)

Posted : 08/20/2018 1:19 am

I've been on Spironolactone for the past 1.5 years for mild acne. I'm currently on 100mg a day and up until 4 months ago it was beyond perfect, it didn't matter what I did to my skin it was always clear and perfect the next day. Now, even with looking after my skin I always have 1 - 3 pimples and most last ages...I'm so confused, its worse than before I went on it. Is there any purpose on still being on it?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/20/2018 4:57 pm

15 hours ago, chickbree123 said:

I've been on Spironolactone for the past 1.5 years for mild acne. I'm currently on 100mg a day and up until 4 months ago it was beyond perfect, it didn't matter what I did to my skin it was always clear and perfect the next day. Now, even with looking after my skin I always have 1 - 3 pimples and most last ages...I'm so confused, its worse than before I went on it. Is there any purpose on still being on it?

I experienced the same thing. I was finally seeing consistent progress in July 2017 and it's been downhill ever since. Daily breakouts. Sometimes meds give out as our hormones change and fluctuate. You could try upping your dosage.

MemberMember
(@ruthy2)

Posted : 12/01/2018 12:00 pm

I agree with leelowe1. . .I've had to up my dosage in the past, depending on how my estrogen/androgen ratios were shifting around. I was on my highest dose (200 mg) in my thirties.

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 12/03/2018 12:52 pm

Unfortunately our bodies become immune to antibiotics the longer we're on them and/or the more often we use them. I'd talk to your doctor to see if it's safe to up your dosage.