Notifications
Clear all

Headaches when starting accutane

MemberMember
(@squeakysausage)

Posted : 07/21/2018 9:36 pm

Today is my third day of being on accutane. Ive been dealing with acne since I was around 9 years old, Im now 20. My dermatologist
finally decided I was ready so Ive been put on 20 mg per day for the first month. Since the first day, Ive had annoying dull headaches and its starting to worry me. I normally get a lot of headaches anyway but after reading the scary packaging that came with the pills Im worried that my brain is swelling or something! Any advice from anyone whos experienced this and what I should do? Thanks so much

MemberMember
(@livv_rose99)

Posted : 07/23/2018 1:24 pm

Hey! I am also 20 and on my 6th day of Accutane and i have noticed i am getting pretty annoying headaches. I agree it does make you worry about the worst case risks, however my derm said that as a person who gets regular headaches you will be able to tell them apart from a "normal" one that is just a side effect compared to one that is causing a problem where symptoms will be much worse like a migraine - not being able to see, feeling dizzy, losing balance, and overall feeling unwell. If it goes taking general pain killers then i wouldn't worry! But best to tell your derm at your next appointment just to note it. Hope this gives you some sort of relief from worrying!