Notifications
Clear all

Accutane the 2nd time, but again a low dose...?

MemberMember
(@exoduse)

Posted : 07/16/2018 12:25 pm

I was on Accutane for 8 months. First month - 20mg and the rest was 40mg. A year later my acne is back and way worse. I did do the mistake of not taking it with food every time. Mostly I did, but no one warned me about it. My face cleared to 90% when I stopped the course, so I never was really clear. Now my face is WAY worse.
Anyway...

I just started my 2nd Accutane course, but it's going to be only 20mg the first month and maybe 40mg later. I am worried that it is too low, since I am a male 185lbs (82-85kg) and it is basicall the same thing. I will take it every morning with avocados, coconut oil, cooked eggs and oats, which should be enough fat and calories for Accutane to absorb.

The correct dose should be 1mg/1kg for optimal results and I should be on the drug for 6 months. In my case it would be 80mg. Should I try to convince me doctor to put me on 80mg instead?

I am really worried that I will relapse again and that the dose is too low. Acne has destroyed my self-confidence and I want to get rid of it as fast as possible...

MemberMember
(@poloblue223)

Posted : 07/16/2018 2:20 pm

Are you on Absorica? It's an upgraded form of Accutane that absorbs much better, so it doesn't require you to take it with food. I'd research it and maybe talk to your derm about it.

MemberMember
(@exoduse)

Posted : 07/16/2018 4:06 pm

1 hour ago, poloblue223 said:

Are you on Absorica? It's an upgraded form of Accutane that absorbs much better, so it doesn't require you to take it with food. I'd research it and maybe talk to your derm about it.

I have no problem with taking it with food, it's just that the first course that I did, I didn't take it all the time, which might be the reason I relapsed.

I take RoAccutane.