Notifications
Clear all

Cytic Acne Outbreak on Lymecycline?

MemberMember
(@idek1)

Posted : 04/09/2018 3:49 pm

Looking for a bit of reassurance.
Long term sufferer of mild/moderate acne (22y/o.) I was put on Lymecycline standard dose two months ago after my skin became slightly worse. (hadn't been prescribed anything but topical treatments for a number of years before this.) It has been terrible ever since. I've read a few hopeful posts about an initial breakout that eventually subsides but my face seems to be getting worse and I've just finished month 2. I would typically only have a handful of cysts over a year previous to lymecycline but since starting, I haven't had less than 3-5 active cysts on the go at any one time. Some days it feels as though it may be getting better and then some more painful, angry, huge ones pop up. It's very painful and my self-esteem is at an all time low and I'm having a hard time convincing myself to stick with the antibiotics. Wondering if anyone has had similar experience/words of reassurance? Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 04/09/2018 5:02 pm

Antibiotics cleared me 100 percent for 6-8 months but my acne came back. I went back on antibiotics and it just got worse and worse. They are only a short term fix. Get on accutane or get yourself a retinoid like Differing and make yourself a routine. Antibiotics from my experience are ok for short term but no the way to go for long term. Resistance occurs.