Notifications
Clear all

Breakouts even after 7 months of using tretinoin and being on a good diet.

MemberMember
(@goo2tea)

Posted : 03/26/2018 7:28 am

I was prescribed tretinoin (0.01%) last August. My dermatologist also prescribed me benzoyl peroxide (10%) to use as a spot treatment. When I first started using them, my skin felt fine (I didn't have any major irritation or redness.) I went through the purging phase and my skin began to clear up for a bit. However, I would still get some painful pimples every few days. At that time, I thought that maybe it would take longer for me to heal and get rid of acne completely. But 7 months have passed and I would still get one or two painful pimples every few days... About 3 weeks ago I got the worst reaction and breakout. I think using the BP and tretinoin every day started to dry my skin out really badly. The skin on my right cheek felt super dry and irritated. So I went to my derm again and she prescribed me a triamcinolone acetonide ointment to calm my skin down. I read somewhere that said this is generally used to treat eczema and that you shouldn't use it on your face. But I still followed my derm's direction and used it for about a week. I wake up with several new pimples every morning and I'm really depressed. My forehead and cheeks are covered with acne scars and new pimples. I stopped using the ointment, and I only Cerave lotion now. But my skin hasn't gotten any better. I still wake up with new pimples. I really don't know what to do, for I have been eating salad and completely cut out dairy and gluten for the past few months. Should I start using the BP cream again? Or is there anything I can do to make my face better? PLEASE HELP!! Thank you!!!

MemberMember
(@ludadubz)

Posted : 03/28/2018 4:11 pm

Have you tried cutting out sugar?