Notifications
Clear all

confused of taking ACCUTANE

MemberMember
(@ricky_lopez)

Posted : 03/23/2018 9:48 am

i need an advice guys. feed up already with my dermatologist. can accutane vanish my acne? i saw a post about accutane and i believe thats the only way for my acne to disappear. im very frustrated, hope you can give me an honest opinion about this please.

MemberMember
(@vanessaxdd)

Posted : 03/28/2018 9:35 am

Don't do it.

It ruined my life. The side effects are REAL and you think they won't happen to you, THINK AGAIN !!

Permanent dry eyes is what happened to me from accutane. I took it for 8 months (March 2016 to October 2016), the last two months the dermatologist reduced my dose because the side effects were so bad.

Since finishing accutane, my eyes just got so bad, i couldn't get out of bed and I couldn't look outside. The light would kill me. I couldn't watch TV and look at the laptop anymore ! I haven't properly been on the internet in years because accutane severely dried my eyes and my eyes oils never came back. The dermatologist assured me i would get back to normal after accutane, it was BULLSHIt.

However, few days ago I had a dry eye treatment done that has brought back my eye oils and I can finally see and blink again and look at a computer screen but its cost me thousands for this.

Your skin might be bad BUT IT WILL GET BETTER. Keep trying for alternatives, google acne facial treatments in your areas. Please DO NOT GO ON THIS DRUG.
and it hasn't cured my acne, i still get spots !!!

MemberMember
(@randomcen)

Posted : 03/30/2018 8:54 am

I took Oratane similar to Accutane i don't know if it helped me but the side effect was there .. 2 and a half year later my lips is still always dry ever since i took oratane

MemberMember
(@stephen-j)

Posted : 03/30/2018 10:20 am

Like the others have already mentioned, really think about the potential side effects of Accutane. Is your acne bad enough to justify you getting negative, long term side effects? If you're still young, perhaps your acne will go away over time. There's definitely a reason why so many dermatologists are reluctant to prescribe the medication. Roche, the pharmaceutical company that made Accutane, stopped marketing the drug after they lost more money in lawsuits than they were making with the product.
I know a lot of members disucss how it can cause issues such as hair growth in strange locations, dry lips, dry eyes, etc, but take a look at how serious some of the side effects may be: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/acne-drug-accutanes-side-effect-is-death-so-why-is-it-still-on-the-market/

In the end it is obviously up to you, but try to think things through and really consider if the outcome of accutane is truly worth the permanent risk(s) and damage(s).