Notifications
Clear all

Relapse after Accutane

MemberMember
(@fuliosaqua)

Posted : 01/13/2018 6:19 pm

I've started Accutane on 40mg 1 year ago and finished 6 months ago. I was clear for about 4 months after ending the course and then it slowly started to come back. It's still not as severe as it was before, but I'm getting pimples more and more frequently now, currently I'm at about 50% of the severity and I feel like I'm slowly going back to the same old sh*t.

What now?

2nd course is NOT an option for me, because of the side effects I've got - hair loss and insomnia. Second course would literally finish me off.

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 01/14/2018 4:13 am

Antibiotics? topical retinoids?

MemberMember
(@fiksi)

Posted : 01/17/2018 7:16 pm

On 14. 01. 2018. at 0:19 AM, fuliosaqua said:

I've started Accutane on 40mg 1 year ago and finished 6 months ago. I was clear for about 4 months after ending the course and then it slowly started to come back. It's still not as severe as it was before, but I'm getting pimples more and more frequently now, currently I'm at about 50% of the severity and I feel like I'm slowly going back to the same old sh*t.

What now?

2nd course is NOT an option for me, because of the side effects I've got - hair loss and insomnia. Second course would literally finish me off.

You are one of few smart people- deciding against risking this extremely dangerous drug again. Some keep takign this again until they wreak havoc in body completely.

You are left with antibitics, perhaps mino? Also, local creams... and lifestile modification.