Notifications
Clear all

Accutane??

MemberMember
(@soulfulsash)

Posted : 01/06/2018 4:37 pm

Hi, so I went on accutane at the age of 16 after trying everything. It cleared up my face completely within 1.5-2 months and my experience honestly wasnt terrible at all, which Im extremely blessed for. I believe I was only on it for about 4 months. Fast forward to now, I am currently 20 years old...accutane has kept my skin pretty much flawless up until the beginning of my sophomore year of college. My skin isnt terrible but I do have mild acne and my skin scars extremely easily so Idont want it to get to thepoint it was before.I was wondering anyones thoughts on a 2nd course of accutane? I tried retin-a and BP but its too harsh for my skin (It actually made it a little worse but i managed to clear it up a bit stopping the usage). Anyway- what are your thoughts! Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@fiksi)

Posted : 01/06/2018 5:12 pm

31 minutes ago, SoulfulSash said:

Hi, so I went on accutane at the age of 16 after trying everything. It cleared up my face completely within 1.5-2 months and my experience honestly wasnt terrible at all, which Im extremely blessed for. I believe I was only on it for about 4 months. Fast forward to now, I am currently 20 years old...accutane has kept my skin pretty much flawless up until the beginning of my sophomore year of college. My skin isnt terrible but I do have mild acne and my skin scars extremely easily so Idont want it to get to thepoint it was before.I was wondering anyones thoughts on a 2nd course of accutane? I tried retin-a and BP but its too harsh for my skin (It actually made it a little worse but i managed to clear it up a bit stopping the usage). Anyway- what are your thoughts! Thanks in advance!

Don't do it. Just another new poster today had blood in stool, and I had a severe reaction myself... the more you repeat, the more you risk.

As you say, your acne is mild... do you want to take the risk? First time was ok, this time it may not be. It cna come with lowest dose, after many months, and even after many years past taking accutane.

Please try other remedies first.