Notifications
Clear all

Accutane 10mg

MemberMember
(@snowie97)

Posted : 11/23/2017 3:30 am

Hi, i'm 19 years old and i have moderate acne ever since 2015. My acne can be said to not go away and gets worse and better at times. My acne is focused mainly on my cheeks and chin and a little on my forehead. There's a lot of blackheads on my nose. So here's the thing, i went to a derm two weeks ago and was prescribed 10mg of isotretinoin (accutane) and he gave me two weeks of pills to see how it goes. So i finished two weeks and i don't really see much difference and i don't expect a miracle to happen so fast anyways but i went for a blood test few days ago and i got my blood test result. The doctor said my liver was under stressed. I don't know what this is (AST/SGOT - 56) (ALT/SGPT - 68) (Gamma-GT- 110) but they are really high... the numbers beside the test are the result of the liver test. Is it normal to be like this on a low dose? My doctor told me to go back two weeks later to test my liver again and if it still goes up i should stop taking accutane. I know that consuming accutane will cause some damage to the liver but i only started for two weeks.I really really want my acne gone, like not completely gone but i want to feel confident going out and it just brings me so depressed sometimes. Please share your advice or anyone on low dose accutane.

MemberMember
(@valerie22)

Posted : 11/23/2017 9:55 am

6 hours ago, Snowie97 said:

Hi, i'm 19 years old and i have moderate acne ever since 2015. My acne can be said to not go away and gets worse and better at times. My acne is focused mainly on my cheeks and chin and a little on my forehead. There's a lot of blackheads on my nose. So here's the thing, i went to a derm two weeks ago and was prescribed 10mg of isotretinoin (accutane) and he gave me two weeks of pills to see how it goes. So i finished two weeks and i don't really see much difference and i don't expect a miracle to happen so fast anyways but i went for a blood test few days ago and i got my blood test result. The doctor said my liver was under stressed. I don't know what this is (AST/SGOT - 56) (ALT/SGPT - 68) (Gamma-GT- 110) but they are really high... the numbers beside the test are the result of the liver test. Is it normal to be like this on a low dose? My doctor told me to go back two weeks later to test my liver again and if it still goes up i should stop taking accutane. I know that consuming accutane will cause some damage to the liver but i only started for two weeks.I really really want my acne gone, like not completely gone but i want to feel confident going out and it just brings me so depressed sometimes. Please share your advice or anyone on low dose accutane.

im 18 and on 10mg as well. I haven't had any major side effects, my lips and face aren't hardly dry. I don't see much results either though. I hope your tests will come back better and you can continue on accutane and get clear skin!