Notifications
Clear all

Tretinoin Crean 0.025% Week 10

MemberMember
(@user635961)

Posted : 11/20/2017 9:00 am

Alright, I have been using tretinoin cream 0.025 cream for 10 weeks now. I am seeing very little results. I have oily skin and clogged pores ALL over my cheeks and chin. Usually several will turn into inflammed pimples around my time of the month. I use Aczone in the AM after washing with Cetaphil gentle cleanser and moisturizing with Cera Ve PM. At night I wash with Cetaphil again and moisturize with Cera ve after I apply my tretinoin cream. I just switched from Clinique oily skin combo cleanser and Peter Thomas Roth gel moisturizer. I feel like I should be seeing some kind of result by now since its week 10 and my derm said i should be clear within 3 months. My skin has been extremely oily lately and I dont know what to do anymore. I wear makeup normally everyday if I have to go somewhere. I only use bareminerals matte powder foundation and liquid concealer, and have been using that for years. Is this normal? Or is my skin just going back to being worse than before? I need answers and my derm certainly isnt helping me by continuously saying I havent been on it for 3 full months yet. Please help!

MemberMember
(@acneistheworst)

Posted : 11/21/2017 5:28 pm

I know how it feels...wahhhh i'm also on tretinion 0.025% right now..but im just on my 6th week. I have a lot of tiny pimples(maybe what i have is a mild comedonal acne). I thought i was finally clearing by 4th week but then this week, it became really worse and very frustrating . I have a lot of red marks and new tiny red bumps were formed, im so depressed. My face is so dry and itchy , icant even put powder because it wont spread evenly. I'm anxious most of the time and i constantly check my face whole day. I hope to get better next week but I dont know if i should expect because if it lead to disappointment, i will be more depressed.

MemberMember
(@user635961)

Posted : 11/22/2017 12:25 pm

This treatment has been so hard on me physically and emotionally. I completely get where you're coming from. My cheeks were completely covered in closed comedones, but none of them would get inflamed unless it was around that time of the month or if I picked them. I definitely see a difference from when i started. The texture of my skin is healthier looking, now i just have deep inflamed pimples on my cheeks. Im constantly staring at my skin wondering how it even got to this point while being on a medication thats supposed to be helping my skin instead of making it worse. Im constantly reading peoples reviews about tretinoin and everyone says it gets worse before it gets better, but my face feels like its a never ending cycle of breaking out. Ive been breaking out since week 6 or 7 i think especially after i switched to using tretinoin everyday. Now I'm on week 10 hoping that this is the last of it all. Im so depressed i can't get myself to go anywhere besides work or school. :( Plus finding a regimen that works with retina is impossible. I hope you clear up! Stick to it! I gave up on tretinoin twice before and i wish I hadn't. You're skin probably needs to get all of the build up out before you begin to see a difference. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@emmykaley)

Posted : 11/25/2017 11:37 pm

Im on Retin a, too. Its brutal. Whats a good moisturizer we can use? I keep peeling and breaking out. I do use beautycounter night cream after I put Retin a on at night because Im so frickin dry. Its bad.

MemberMember
(@jellyy)

Posted : 12/09/2017 5:20 am

when you started it, did your skin get dry/flaky or only olliness while on it?