Notifications
Clear all

Epiduo causing my skin to fall off and burn

MemberMember
(@angela3399)

Posted : 10/09/2017 1:33 am

I started Epiduo 5 days ago, and as instructed by my doctor and the booklet, I have applied a small amount at night 30 minutes after washing my face with the recommended cetaphil cleanser. My acne is disappearing so fast, but unfortunately for me today I got home from school, removed my makeup to find that all the lower half of my face was a scaley mess. I touched one portion of my skin and it fell off, what came away was clearly dead skin, but underneath was rare immature red weeping skin.

I washed my skin and went back to the mirror to find my whole face bright red, and burning. I noticed how dry it was and instantly applied moisturizer (cetaphil as recommended), this made me skin burn and sting so much I instantly washed it off, and went to apply some alo vera, mistake. It made it even worse.

I don't know what to do, the rest of my face is still scaley and I am scared to touch it, but it feels so horrible and tight.

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 11/07/2017 2:06 pm

That's normal and will dissapear after a couple of weeks :) 

MemberMember
(@angela3399)

Posted : 01/05/2018 8:02 am

I thought I might update this incase anyone ever sees it and is wanting to try epiduo.

It works, the scaling calmed down eventually after a week of not applying any epiduo, then I applied it again as usual. The scaling returned in much smaller patches on my lower face, it was far less serious than previously. Stopped applying on those areas, but continued everywhere else. It cleared, I applied all over again, Then I got the final "wave" of scaling, just a tiny patch. Now I apply it genorously every night, my acne has almost disappeared.

It might be helpful to note that I am using epiduo forte, the stronger version. After this I'll be going on to use a new treatment to get my skin back to normal.

MemberMember
(@hopeful74)

Posted : 01/07/2018 9:43 am

On 1/5/2018 at 5:02 AM, Angela3399 said:

I thought I might update this incase anyone ever sees it and is wanting to try epiduo.

It works, the scaling calmed down eventually after a week of not applying any epiduo, then I applied it again as usual. The scaling returned in much smaller patches on my lower face, it was far less serious than previously. Stopped applying on those areas, but continued everywhere else. It cleared, I applied all over again, Then I got the final "wave" of scaling, just a tiny patch. Now I apply it genorously every night, my acne has almost disappeared.

It might be helpful to note that I am using epiduo forte, the stronger version. After this I'll be going on to use a new treatment to get my skin back to normal.

How long were actually using Epiduo forte, looks like you started on 10/3? So did it take 3 months to clear completely? How soon did you see improvement to your acne? I have been on it for a little over 4 weeks now.