Notifications
Clear all

Dianette horror stories

MemberMember
(@lgm2001)

Posted : 10/07/2017 4:07 pm

I am a 16 year old girl suffering with moderate acne for the last 4 years. Recently its moved onto my chest and shoulders from my back. yay. I've tried everything. Antibiotics, 4 different contraceptive pills and millions of different creams. I am currently using duac and differin on my face which is working ok, i've just been prescribed dianette but I'm a little hesitant. My GP said i can only be on it for a year..Will my acne just come back after a year? Is it worth it as I've read so many horror stories?

Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@juwalker)

Posted : 10/07/2017 4:35 pm

I have been on it on and off for 15 years. Never had any negative side effects. It has been a wonderful drug for me. Skin is great on it. Came off it before pregnant with my first child 13 years ago and then went back on it after she was born because my skin deteriorated after the birth. Did same for birth of second child 11 years ago. Several battles with the gp over the years because they feel higher risk of blood clots etc. I am almost 49 . In fact due to see GP next week for a chat about it. I want to stay on it. It starts off with a purge like accutane and then gets better in about 2-3 months. It will only work while ur taking it though and the acne will come back if you stop, unless you're lucky and your skin has changed in meantime. Good luck whatever you decide.