Notifications
Clear all

Lymecycline antibiotics

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 09/20/2017 6:48 am

Hi, I am a 22y/o male who has fought with mild acne since 13y/o. I started using over the counter products which usually cleared my skin up.

However last Christmas (@21y/o) I had a moderate breakout And was prescribed lymecycline tablets. In about 3 months my skin had completely healed and was nearly flawless.

With the colder weather coming back my acne decided to flare up and is mild atm. Again, I've been prescribed the same course of tablets.

Question is..any long term antibiotic users, do you notice them being as effective now as they were when you first started?

Feeling a bit depressed thinking my acne was gone for good.
Thanks

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/20/2017 8:33 am

Deoends what type  of bacteria we are talking about here.anti biotics tend to be only good for say 3 courses close together or total of 3 weeks,especially penecillin based.

what tends to happen is the bacteria you are actualy treating gets killed but its other bacteria in your body that becomes resistant and then they become a problem.
:)

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 09/20/2017 4:05 pm

Even when the antibiotic effect of Lymecycline fades it continues to work as an anti-inflammatory, so people can have good long-term success with it because it reduces inflammation indefinitely.

jPablo liked
MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 09/21/2017 6:45 am

Thanks guys, hopefully it clears me up for good! I've got some old zineryt in the cupboard as well which I use occasionally..its out of date but still think it works.