Notifications
Clear all

For those who stopped birth control pills for 1 year + did your acne improve?

MemberMember
(@ng85)

Posted : 09/15/2017 2:39 pm

A lot of the info I see online is of people still in the thick of having stopped birth control pills or they ended up going back on them when stopping the pill made them break out or have even worse cystic acne. I'd like to hear from those who have stopped for a long time now.

I started the pill over 10 years ago and never really noticed it helped me much but stayed on it. By this time I was using good cleansers etc. In the end my oily skin was under control and I had minimal breakouts but was getting headaches from the pill. I always have had some cystic acne.
Now that I've stopped the pill in March, I had super super oily skin (worse than normal) felt I was losing hair for a few months, and of course I've gotten cystic acne which is similar to how my acne was in my early teens to pre-teens before using good products. This is going back like 20 years (I'm 32).

If you actually STOPPED birth control over a year ago (or more, even better) did your skin ever settle down? My next Derm appointment is in November but I'm really curious to hear from others.

MemberMember
(@clearalltheway)

Posted : 09/15/2017 8:53 pm

I stopped the pill and my hormonal acne came right back. This particular pill stopped the acne almost immediately it was like a miracle. But it made me moody. A year and more later my acne was back..the acne came back right when I stopped the pill.