Notifications
Clear all

TACTUPUMP FORTE/ EPIDUO FORTE: purging or just making my face worse??

MemberMember
(@lithenerve)

Posted : 09/07/2017 8:53 pm

Hey guys, so I made an account on this website specifically for the reason to document my progress with Tactupump forte/epiduo forte. I went about a month ago to my doctor about my acne, which is mild to moderate, mainly in my chin and mouth area ( I've been experiencing it for the past 8 months or so). He prescribed me tactupump forte, and although it was extremely expensive, I decided I wanted to put an end to this once and for all. The first few days, I experienced dryness but not as bad as I heard it could be, probably because my skin is extremely oily. My skin slowly started to look better and make progress for the first couple of weeks until now. I've reached the one month point and my skin is just as bad as it was when I started. I keep breaking out in pus filled white heads and I'm getting a few cysts on my chin. The fact that I'm a picker probably doesn't help too much either, but I'm feeling terrible! Makeup doesn't even help, you can still see all the raised bumps under my skin. I wish I could just get up and walk out of the door without makeup but I can't do that because it looks so bad. My doctor said to come back after a month if it hasn't cleared, but after doing research I'm hearing that you have to wait 2-3 months to see promising, consistent results. So what should I do? Am I still going through the initial breakout stage and should wait it out, or should I quit and go back to the doctor?

MemberMember
(@facne131)

Posted : 10/24/2017 12:50 am

Hey how did it end up? I am currently taking it right now as well and my acne is way worse than started. Wondering if i should stop mid purge in hope it goes back to normal or fight through it

MemberMember
(@lithenerve)

Posted : 11/26/2017 6:20 pm

On 2017-10-24 at 1:50 AM, Facne131 said:

Hey how did it end up? I am currently taking it right now as well and my acne is way worse than started. Wondering if i should stop mid purge in hope it goes back to normal or fight through it

OH MY GOODNESS the wait is sooooooo worth it! Its been 2 months since the purging stage now, and my skin is absolutely clear! Never been so clear in my entire life! I still get little hormonal pimples around that time of the month, but besides that its been amazing. My confidence is so much better now and I still have scars left but theyre fading slowly, so I can finally leave the house without makeup and without totally hating myself & being self conscious. So, Id definetely say, dont give up, wait the 2-3 months.

MemberMember
(@30andnewtoacne)

Posted : 12/07/2017 10:34 am

Hey - I just joined acne.org and just started epiduo forte 6 weeks ago. My face is still in an ALL OUT purge - like - never before. New cysts and whiteheads every morning and freaking painful! I am so glad to hear that it worked so well for you. I am going to stick it out! Thanks for sharing your experience!