Notifications
Clear all

Considering going back on BC despite stroke risk

MemberMember
(@breebrei)

Posted : 08/08/2017 1:37 am

I feel like my body is working against me.

I have migraines. Bad ones. Often accompanied by significant aura's. Because of this, I was taken off the only birth control that keeps my acne at bay (it increases stroke risk). My face has been a disaster ever since. I cry every morning I look in the mirror and have a hard time falling asleep because my face is so inflamed. I've tried everything short of accutane (I have a history of depression so I can't get a prescription) and I'm at a point where I'm willing to endure the increased stroke risk just so that I can love myself again.

My hormonal acne is really taking a toll on my self-esteem and my over mental health. I could go on for hours about all of the ways my acne is negatively impacting my life but won't for the sake of being concise in my post. I simply can't deal with this anymore.

My birth control was the ONLY thing that helped. What do you think? Would you risk it?

MemberMember
(@pimpleswtf)

Posted : 08/12/2017 1:09 am

First, you're gorgeous. Really. Second, most people have endured acne at one time or another so they're much more understanding and sympathetic than we think. I know, that doesn't help when we're the one with the flareup, but remember it anyway.

I wouldn't do it (risk the stroke). You're basically saying you'll risk a shorter or more complicated life for a cosmetic solution right now. You should love and value yourself more than that. There's a lot of great life ahead.

To the point. It's not the "popular" answer, and so many people jump on the bandwagon and shoot it down, but I and many more have had so much success with a clear skin diet and healthy lifestyle. It's not for everyone, I know.

The problem is, we all want the the Julian Michaels' body but few of us put in the hard work. Same with a clear skin diet. People dip their toe in the water but don't commit and then say it doesn't work. So you find people saying 'I tried it and it didn't help." But I bet they didn't give it their all, and that there's the problem. Or dieters who "truth be told" aren't really dieting but claim they just can't lose the weight. LOL

For example, if you go Keto and splurge one time it throws you out of Ketosis and it can take days or up to a week to get back into it. And that first week is hell, so people drop out.

I'd say if you're serious then give a clear skin diet 100% (or Keto for a few months if you're up to it) and get into a daily fitness routine if you aren't already. You don't need to buy the book or anything, the web is full of recipes and advice for clear skin dieting, just stick to low glycemic index foods .

Give it a few weeks and tell me you don't see the difference and feel better in so many ways. All without harsh chemicals and without spending your your hard earned money for anything other than great food. Best wishes!