Notifications
Clear all

Accutane prescription

MemberMember
(@id2016)

Posted : 07/12/2017 8:40 pm

So ive been struggling acne since forever and it has gotten worse now. Before I would get oral antibiotics prescribed from my fam doctor but things got worse so he decided to send me to a dermatologist telling me its time for accutane. So I went and my dermsuggestedme to try Eryc instead.. I told him I don't want to try more antibiotics bcuz they stopped working for me but he would tell me I didn't try enough... (honestly i tried so many things the past 10 years..)told me to take this first (for a month) and if it doesnt work he'll prescribe me tane. I'm so worried it won't help and that ill end up wasting time and money.. Are all dermatologists like this in Canada..? If not I'm willing to go to a diff dermatologist who will prescribe me accutane right away.

MemberMember
(@westcoast82)

Posted : 07/13/2017 9:22 am

I will start off by saying I am highly against antibiotics and they are over prescribed in my opinion. I am from the United States, and dermatologists typically follow the same protocol here. Antibiotics alter your gut microbiome (your gut bacteria and intestinal balance). Now I don't want you taking any of what I'm going to say as me trying to convince you to do what worked for me, but I'll share my personal experience with accutane. It has been my ONLY saving grace. I went through hell with my acne. I eat INCREDIBLY healthy, I workout, I minimize my stress levels...I literally do everything "right." I'm very holistic, but I finally caved and got on accutane. It has helped me so much and I'm finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel. I started on a low dose of 20mg to see how my body reacted to the medication. It has really done wonders. I got so caught up reading the negatives before getting on the medication (the worst thing you can do) and finally decided to take a leap of faith. Everyone's body is unique and we will all react to things differently. You can't judge something off of someone else's experience. With that said, do what feels right for you. It's your body and your happiness. Hope this helps and best of luck!

Jigba liked