Notifications
Clear all

Lymecycline - teeth staining

MemberMember
(@contentedbase)

Posted : 06/06/2017 5:41 pm

Right I had my teeth whitened some time last year in about July, using opalescence which was a success and now I'm taking lymecelline for my acne, I've been on it for about 5 weeks and have seen some improvements with my acne although the problem is the fact that it could cause staining - instead of looking in the mirror at my acne I'm more focused on my teeth and making sure they aren't getting stained - which is causing me a little bit of stress. I'm 18 - full adult teeth.

And was wondering if anyone who has taken lymecelline has got stained teeth while doing the treatment - and how bad this was, if i start seeing a large difference then I'll probably stop the treatment. I also heard that the staining from these antibiotics come from childhood when your adult teeth aren't developed.

I've got a dentist appointment next month so I'll ask if they have changed colour and probably undergo more treatment on them - at the moment I'm taking pictures in good light (natural bathroom) and they seem ok BUT IT'S STRESSING ME OUT, any comments would be helpful, thanks

MemberMember
(@umas)

Posted : 06/07/2017 4:47 pm

They shouldn't stain your teeth. Staining teeth is observed in younger people, who don't have fully developed teeth(although if you are 18 then I quess it's possible it will stain your wisdom teeth?). ALTHOUGH I heard some anecdotes about people your age who suspected that using lymecycline stained their teeth.