Notifications
Clear all

Yasmin Pill

MemberMember
(@rosegreen657)

Posted : 04/19/2017 3:12 pm

Hi guys,
been on yasmin for the second time now. Im currently 12 weeks on the pill and still breaking out on my cheeks. Why am i still breaking out, isnt 12 weeks the optimal time to clear skin?:(

woke up with 2 small pustules on my cheek that actually sting:( is yasmin not working?

MemberMember
(@mrs-jay)

Posted : 04/19/2017 6:14 pm

Prevent Acne by simply giving up crisps and salty fast foods. It definitely works. See results very quickly. Moisturise with gentle face cream at night if necessary to speed up. Watch your diet.

MemberMember
(@rosegreen657)

Posted : 04/22/2017 6:28 am

Has anyone else got suggestions please?

MemberMember
(@graciep)

Posted : 04/22/2017 7:45 pm

13 hours ago, Rosegreen657 said:

Hi, I'm hoping i can help you out a little bit. This was about two years ago now, but Yasmin was not working for me and I knew it after three months but kept on it for over a year.....it continued to make my skin worse and worse and worse until i needed my first course of accutane solely because of what yasmin did to my skin. In hindsight, I would have gotten off of it much sooner or never taken it at all if possible. If you're only getting 1-2 small pimples throughout the month than it might clear up thats not a big deal but if you're breaking out pretty consistently id say trust your gut and get off it, have your hormones tested, and find a different BC pill based on your results to have a better idea of knowing which ones will work better than others.

MemberMember
(@rosegreen657)

Posted : 04/23/2017 1:01 pm

17 hours ago, GracieP said:
On 22/04/2017 at 0:28 PM, Rosegreen657 said:

Hi, I'm hoping i can help you out a little bit. This was about two years ago now, but Yasmin was not working for me and I knew it after three months but kept on it for over a year.....it continued to make my skin worse and worse and worse until i needed my first course of accutane solely because of what yasmin did to my skin. In hindsight, I would have gotten off of it much sooner or never taken it at all if possible. If you're only getting 1-2 small pimples throughout the month than it might clear up thats not a big deal but if you're breaking out pretty consistently id say trust your gut and get off it, have your hormones tested, and find a different BC pill based on your results to have a better idea of knowing which ones will work better than others.

Thanks so much im afraid that it will make my skin really bad too although i cant understand why. The first time it took about 5 months for yasmin to make a noticeable improvement in my skin, so i'm going to wait til early-mid June then i'll ask the doctor to switch pills if it's still bad

Also, admittedly my diet is not great so that could contribute to breakouts