Notifications
Clear all

Differin 0.1% initial Breakout?

MemberMember
(@thetwald)

Posted : 03/26/2017 3:54 pm

Has anyone else had an IB with Differin Cream? I'm now 5 weeks in and maaaan, I've been hit by quite a few nasty ones that actually hurt to touch.

I'm also on Lymecycline 408mg aswell and been taking it the same time as differin.

How long does the IB last? I have a 6 month prescription and i'm 5 weeks in so far :(

MemberMember
(@rubyk)

Posted : 04/05/2017 2:51 am

On 27/03/2017 at 4:54 AM, Thetwald said:

Has anyone else had an IB with Differin Cream? I'm now 5 weeks in and maaaan, I've been hit by quite a few nasty ones that actually hurt to touch.

I'm also on Lymecycline 408mg aswell and been taking it the same time as differin.

How long does the IB last? I have a 6 month prescription and i'm 5 weeks in so far :(

I have been on differin 0.1% for 3 months now. My IB lasted for 8 weeks. By Week 9, the breakouts slowed down tremendously. You should see significant improvement by week 12.
From what I read, you should see near perfect skin by month 4.
Hang in there and give differin a chance 

MemberMember
(@jmichaelmal)

Posted : 04/16/2017 10:49 pm

Yeah hang in there! I use Differin .1 with some BP 2.5 in the mornings. I'm two months + with the Differin (although I used Tazorac .1 for a month before I started Differin but had to stop because it was too irritating and cost prohibitive) and I'm having good results. I think I'm pretty much past the initial breakout and it continues to improve. I agree with RubyK that you'll see significant improvement at the 3 month mark and it will continue to improve beyond that...