Notifications
Clear all

Did Accutane cause skin thinning for me?

MemberMember
(@jamesjohn)

Posted : 03/20/2017 2:46 am

Took accutane two different times for 6 months on 40-60mg. After a few months I noticed a drastic loss of facial fat, skin around my cheeks, forehead, jaw, chin, eyelids became very thin. While I use moisturizer, no blood problems and I was around 18 when it started. While one could assume baby fat, but my eyelids are now paper thin. The skin under my eyes and front cheek area is very thin now. Baby fat is mainly side of the cheeks and jaw area.

MemberMember
(@jcd97b)

Posted : 03/20/2017 7:48 pm

17 hours ago, jamesjohn said:

Took accutane two different times for 6 months on 40-60mg. After a few months I noticed a drastic loss of facial fat, skin around my cheeks, forehead, jaw, chin, eyelids became very thin. While I use moisturizer, no blood problems and I was around 18 when it started. While one could assume baby fat, but my eyelids are now paper thin. The skin under my eyes and front cheek area is very thin now. Baby fat is mainly side of the cheeks and jaw area.

Yes it's a side affect of Accutane, My skin thinned very bad and if I got even a little scratch it would take months to heal, I'm about one month post right now and it's starting to look better.

MemberMember
(@jamesjohn)

Posted : 03/26/2017 6:50 am

been 3 years for me :(/