Notifications
Clear all

Lymecicline and Treclin

MemberMember
(@spur1990)

Posted : 02/23/2017 1:44 pm

Hi

I'm relatively new to this but was interested to see if anyone else has had a similar experience to me. At the age of 17 I had quite bad cystic acne on my face, however I went on accutane and luckily it cleared. From the age of 18-21 I experienced very limited acne and thought I had got over the worst of it. However, around November time I got some quite bad cystic acne on my neck, which has now subsided but left some red marks which are fading. Around 6 weeks ago, I got a cyst on my face where there had previously been one when my acne was worse at a younger age. I decided to go to the Sk:n clinic and the derm there suggested i go back on to accutane. However, having been through one course relatively unscathed I didn't really want to have to go through another, especially as now is quite an important time for me at university. Instead, the derm put me on lymecicline and treclin gel. It's been 5 weeks and after some initial success, my skin is now the worst it has been since my pre accutane days. I have broken out with whiteheads on the right side of my cheek and even when they go they leaver red marks on my face.This is obviously very distressing, especially as I thought I had beaten the acne. As patient as I am being in the hope it is just an initial breakout, I'm fearing more and more that the drugs just aren't working and the natural progression would be onto accutane. I was wondering if anyone else had been prescribed these two as a combo and whether they had a similar experience and then got better or whether it just didn't work? Any help would be greatly appreciated

MemberMember
(@celia555)

Posted : 02/25/2017 7:01 pm

I had bad skin (not as bad as it is now though) and went on a six month course of tetralysal and my skin was perfect. After I was on a gel called Duac for about two years and I only suffered a couple of mild break outs. Recently I stopped using it every other day and then completely. My skin was fine and I thought I didn't need to rely on it anymore. A week or so later I used a new face wash and toner and my skin is now dreadful. I don't know if it is because of the change of face products or stopping the Duac. I have huge whiteheads and my blackheads have increased. The spots are painful and the surrounding skin is red. I went to a dermatologist who suggested Treclin. I've been on it for just over three weeks and my skin has never been worse. On top of having huge red spots I now have the little bumps under my skin on  forehead that I havent had since i started the tetralysal. Having read other blog posts I don't think treclin is the best gel to use. I'm going back to see the doctor again soon as it just isn't working at all! :( 

MemberMember
(@katie1986)

Posted : 05/13/2017 11:15 am

Hi,
I started lymecycline and treclin treatment 10 days ago and I suffer with huge breakouts. How long did they last in your case?