Notifications
Clear all

2nd week of accutane and pain behind one eye

MemberMember
(@hill257)

Posted : 01/10/2017 8:52 pm

Hi everyone- I'm on my second week of accutane and woke up this morning with mild pain in my left temple and behind my left eye. When I roll my eyes, the left one also hurts more. Not serious, but definitely noticeable. I took tylenol and it didn't go away. Also, when I bent over to pick something up off the floor, the pain in my head increased for a brief second. I skipped my dose (30mg) today and I plan on calling my derm tomorrow. If anyone can offer some advice I would appreciate it SO MUCH. I'm leaving for vacation (Mexico) tomorrow night, and I plan to skip the accutane while I'm there. Do you think it could get worse even if I stop taking the accutane? I'm afraid itspseudotumor cerebrii or increased icp

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 01/11/2017 12:02 am

I would definitely call your derm first thing tomorrow and it might be good to see a eye doctor to have it checked. Not to scare you, but it is documented that Accutane can cause intracranial pressure, eye problems etc. For some it doesn't matter dose or length, if Accutane doesn't agree with you it just doesn't. To be careful better safe then sorry. Hopefully it will go away since you plan on stopping, but if it doesn't definitely get checked when you get back - Good Luck

MemberMember
(@ajoke)

Posted : 04/07/2017 3:20 pm

Hi,
I took 12 absorica pills and stopped taking them because of some gastric issues I experiences. A few days after I stopped taking the pills, I noticed red eyes and some pain/pressure in my right eye/ Fast forward a month and I have full blown pain/headaches. I did not experience this during treatment and like you, I took only a few pills so I wanted to inquire if your symptoms went away. Thanks