Notifications
Clear all

How to PROPERLY use Tazorac? PLEASE HELP.

MemberMember
(@d4m)

Posted : 11/27/2016 12:28 pm

Hello, I've been on Tazorac .1 for quite some time now but I keep finding myself stopping treatment for a couple of days because of how bad, red, painful, flaky, weak, sensitive, burnt and painful to touch my skin becomes after about 4 days of continued usage. This is how I've been using it, and I feel like I'm doing something wrong because after about 2 days of starting use again, the whole top layer of my skin EVERYWHERE just PEELS off and the skin underneath is very sensitive and painful and just feels bad and tbh I can't keep having that type of skin EVERYDAY it really affects me. So here's my routine.

Around night time/bed time, I'll take a hot shower for about 15 to 20 minutes, come outside, completely dry face and hair and then apply I would say a medium/large pea size amount on each side of the cheek, and on the forehead, and then a very small pea size on my nose and then on both sides of the sideburn area besides the eyes. The next morning I go shower, and nothing too drastic, but then after doing this for another day or two, everytime I get out of the shower my skin is EXTREMELY weak/sensitive, it's like I can't even properly move my face/mouth or really anything it feels weird to touch and/or rub, and it's ALWAYS flaky/peeling all over.

I've been doing tazorac everynight everyday for a while and then I occasionally take like 2 or 3 day breaks because I can't handle it anymore and then go back. I don't want to keep doing this and I'd rather have a routine of some sort that will allow me to not take these 2 or 3 day breaks where my skin goes back to crap. Am I using it properly? Should I switch to using it every other night? Am I using too much? How do you guys use it and do you guys use it everyday or every other day and are you guys getting the same side effects as me? Or not? Or just to a lower extent?

I hope I can get some insight on this as tazorac has been a savior for me and I want to continue using it, but I just want to use it properly, so hopefully starting tomorrow I can do that! Thanks a lot for everyone who was able to provide some assistance!

MemberMember
(@98ba)

Posted : 11/27/2016 1:31 pm

Tazorac is not good for your skin. Stop using it IMMEDIATELY. Get on BP or Skinoren they don't damage your skin long term like Tazorac do! BP and Skinoren are also much better for fighting acne.

MemberMember
(@d4m)

Posted : 11/27/2016 5:15 pm

3 hours ago, 98ba said:

Tazorac is not good for your skin. Stop using it IMMEDIATELY. Get on BP or Skinoren they don't damage your skin long term like Tazorac do! BP and Skinoren are also much better for fighting acne.

Hey, 98ba, appreciate your advice and concerns but honestly without Tazorac I would be an absolute mess and it has really been a savior for me, and I simply have no other choice but to use Tazorac! On the bright side, I chose Tazorac over Accutane so I'm very glad that that's the decision I made because that's a much bigger potential for harm than choosing Taz over BP!

Anyways, still thanks for your input!

MemberMember
(@98ba)

Posted : 11/28/2016 8:07 am

Mate, Tazorac could ruin your skin forever, trust me, I've seen a lot of examples myself! Get on BP or Skinoren.

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 11/28/2016 8:27 am

First of all never take hit showers luke warm is the way to go reduces irritation. And what the heck you use large pea sizes and about 4 for fave your only post to use 1 pea size for whole face no. Probably why your getting serious side effects apply moisturizer after. Yiu have to make skin get used to it apply every 3rd night then try every 2nd then daily. Put sunscreen on mornings

MemberMember
(@brokenporecelain)

Posted : 12/06/2016 11:27 pm

On November 27, 2016 at 5:15 PM, D4M said:
Hey, 98ba, appreciate your advice and concerns but honestly without Tazorac I would be an absolute mess and it has really been a savior for me, and I simply have no other choice but to use Tazorac! On the bright side, I chose Tazorac over Accutane so I'm very glad that that's the decision I made because that's a much bigger potential for harm than choosing Taz over BP!

Anyways, still thanks for your input!

Personally, accutane saved my skin whole tazorac utterly wrecked it

On November 28, 2016 at 8:07 AM, 98ba said:

Mate, Tazorac could ruin your skin forever, trust me, I've seen a lot of examples myself! Get on BP or Skinoren.

Could you tell me more about your tazorac experience?

im currently dealing with a horrible reaction/damage that only gets worse even after 3 months...and I only used it twice

MemberMember
(@98ba)

Posted : 12/07/2016 11:27 am

On 12/7/2016 at 10:27 AM, BrokenPorEcelain said:

Personally, accutane saved my skin whole tazorac utterly wrecked it Could you tell me more about your tazorac experience?

im currently dealing with a horrible reaction/damage that only gets worse even after 3 months...and I only used it twice

Hey. Sorry to hear what you are going through. I feel with you. I pray for that your skin will heal!

Check out this site; [removed] - they might provide some help/support for you.

I have never used Tazorac or any other topical retinoid myself and I will never touch it because of all those horror stories I have heard around the web. Also so many people say that Tazorac is not that effective against acne and things like Benzoyl Peroxide works way better and are much more gentle on your skin in the long run.

If you're not a fan of Benzoyl Peroxide try Skinoren instead (its on presprection, but its easy to get it if you ask your derm/doctor, at least in my country.) - it's also more gentle than BP.

As for Tazorac vs. Accutane I wouldn't choose either! both dangerous.

MemberMember
(@brokenporecelain)

Posted : 12/07/2016 1:39 pm

On 12/7/2016 at 10:27 PM, 98ba said:

Hey. Sorry to hear what you are going through. I feel with you. I pray for that your skin will heal!

Check out this site; [removed] - they might provide some help/support for you.

I have never used Tazorac or any other topical retinoid myself and I will never touch it because of all those horror stories I have heard around the web. Also so many people say that Tazorac is not that effective against acne and things like Benzoyl Peroxide works way better and are much more gentle on your skin in the long run.

If you're not a fan of Benzoyl Peroxide try Skinoren instead (its on presprection, but its easy to get it if you ask your derm/doctor, at least in my country.) - it's also more gentle than BP.

As for Tazorac vs. Accutane i wouldn't choose either! both dangerous in their own ways.

Ugh..thanks...well I actually had no REAL need for the tazorac...It was a sample given to me awhile ago and I just stupidly decided to see if it would work for some build up and a few pimples that I got from not washing my face like normal for months...it's unfortunate that this could have easily been avoided if I just went back to my old simple routine with patience instead of finding that damn cream amongst my things..disaster waiting to happen...I did not know really what I was putting on my face...didn't know how powerful this crap was.

still in shock over it as I've never seen skin take such a turn so quickly...I don't even know how to describe half the things this cream did to my skin...I've never had a overall skin quality issue, only ever dealt with acne about 4 years ago (that's when I went on accutane..no issues or side effects with that surprisingly)..my skin was actually my favorite feature and now it's fucked because of one mistake...unreal..obviously I'm depressed beyond reason

yea I've been to the IPL site and posted as well as spoke to some others...not much hope to be had there...2 people who supposedly healed no longer post and I have yet to see actual evidence of genuine recovery where this specific reaction to retinoids are concerned...makes me sick..thank god for you that you never used this pain thinner

BP does not agree at all with my skin, last time I used that was so long ago but it did its own damage tho far less severe and also it was all temporary...the acne I have now is all from this reaction tho...my skin is so weak and fragile like silly puddy and pores have appeared all over my face where I didn't even know I had any...bacteria and such is having a field day