Notifications
Clear all

Is my Tazorac working?

MemberMember
(@vizeguy)

Posted : 11/25/2016 6:39 pm

Hey guys, so I am fairly new here and since I have been lurking, I decided to just post on here. So, I started taking the tazorac (with aczone) three weeks ago, after finishing a round of doxycycline. I didn't want to go back on any antibiotics besides accutane, but my derm said it was alright to use tazorac and aczone without the pills to still see results. Now, the first couple weeks my pimples were going away, but my skin was getting red and extremely dry. Now I used to take this tazorac cream (.1%) and aczone years ago, and it helped my pimples a lot while being able to tolerate better, but now I'm noticing my skin can't handle it. I decided to take a day off but still its not getting better so I am gonna give it more time, before I go on it again, maybe a few more days. However, I am not flaking or showing any removal of skin, and it feels like it can flake at any second, but my skin just won't. Is the tazorac still working? And also, if I keep applying the cream when it is irritated does that cause more acne usually, or is it considered an initial breakout?

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 11/26/2016 3:52 am

Sorry I dont know anything about tazorac, but if your skin is irritated you should wait a few days till your skin can handle it like retin a. Just because it does not flake it does not corelate to it not working! With all medications a breakout is usually typical. If your skin is super dry mayve its dehydrated dry to use a moisturizer containing hunectants like hylarunoic acid, niacamides apply the moisturizer on damp skin or water will be sucked from skin, try to also invest in a humidifier to help moisture in the air. Best of Luck! Btw cerave has a ingridient that list 4 on conedogenic scale but everyones different other brands can help.

MemberMember
(@vizeguy)

Posted : 11/27/2016 3:57 am

On 11/26/2016 at 3:52 AM, VulneraryRain said:

Sorry I dont know anything about tazorac, but if your skin is irritated you should wait a few days till your skin can handle it like retin a. Just because it does not flake it does not corelate to it not working! With all medications a breakout is usually typical. If your skin is super dry mayve its dehydrated dry to use a moisturizer containing hunectants like hylarunoic acid, niacamides apply the moisturizer on damp skin or water will be sucked from skin, try to also invest in a humidifier to help moisture in the air. Best of Luck! Btw cerave has a ingridient that list 4 on conedogenic scale but everyones different other brands can help.

Alright that is what I am trying to do, I also started getting little flesh bumps around my face, is that just the tazorac (or retin a), bringing out all the clogged pores?

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 11/27/2016 5:13 am

Yes, tazorac a stronger form of retin a brings junk up to the surface those closed comedones will probably turn into pimples. Remember dont ovrr use the product and use moisturizer aftrr 30 minutes applying taz and always wear sunscreen spf 30 in morning this is vital. Also check to see if your tazorac is expired and I think you should consult a derm before self diagnosing yourself you wouldnt want it to get worse. Best of luck pal.

Jist because it worked before maybe your skin needs something lighter like retin a instead of tazorac since its stronger or lower the dosage.

MemberMember
(@vizeguy)

Posted : 11/27/2016 5:57 pm

12 hours ago, VulneraryRain said:

Yes, tazorac a stronger form of retin a brings junk up to the surface those closed comedones will probably turn into pimples. Remember dont ovrr use the product and use moisturizer aftrr 30 minutes applying taz and always wear sunscreen spf 30 in morning this is vital. Also check to see if your tazorac is expired and I think you should consult a derm before self diagnosing yourself you wouldnt want it to get worse. Best of luck pal.

Jist because it worked before maybe your skin needs something lighter like retin a instead of tazorac since its stronger or lower the dosage.

Thanks man, yeah it looks like the Aczone I used expired already, and the Tazorac expires this month. Damn...now I know.

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 11/27/2016 6:37 pm

Glad that I can help:D

MemberMember
(@brokenporecelain)

Posted : 12/06/2016 11:31 pm

When you say flesh bumps do you mean your whole skin texture turned bumpy?

i also wasn't peeling yet tazorac created horrible damage in my skin that still won't go away over 3 months later

MemberMember
(@vizeguy)

Posted : 12/07/2016 12:29 am

56 minutes ago, BrokenPorEcelain said:

When you say flesh bumps do you mean your whole skin texture turned bumpy?

i also wasn't peeling yet tazorac created horrible damage in my skin that still won't go away over 3 months later

Not my whole skin, just certain places of my skin, but my skin was extremely dry and definitely didn't look good. I actually had expired cream lol, got a new prescription of tazorac, and now I am peeling, but I went to the dermatologist and basically they are saying it is clogged pores, usually by poor exfoliation.