Notifications
Clear all

Post Accutane Update

MemberMember
(@scarletbegonias)

Posted : 11/04/2016 3:36 pm

Hey everyone! It has been nearly a year since I have logged into acne.org because as of today...I am 100% CLEAR!! Hooray! I wanted to share a quick update to inspire any apprehensive acne sufferers to give Accutane a try if you have found yourself out of options and out of hope. I suffered from persistent, painful, cystic acne for 10 years and on that milestone year I decided to be brave and take the plunge into Accutane world. I was prescribed Zenatane 40mg then eventually my dosage was upped to 60mg for the last 2 months. I will say I feel fortunate that I did not experience any drastic side effects other than the usual dry skin, terrible initial break out, chapped lips and the occasional headache. In my last month on a higher dosage I did start to experience muscle aches but they only lasted for a few weeks leading up to the end of treatment.

This month marks a year since I stopped taking Zentane and I could not be any more thrilled with the results! I have not gotten more than a blackhead or very tiny whitehead on my face since ending Accutane. All the side effects are gone and besides the occasional dry skin (I also live in a very dry state) I have not experienced any painful cystic breakouts; even during my menstrual cycles!

Accutane changed my life as it has for many others. I am now far more comfortable in my own skin and feel proud when I face the world without a thick mask of makeup like I used to have to wear. For anymore who has hit a wall with seeing results and is at their last wit about treating their breakouts I highly recommend finding an experienced dermatologist to prescribe them this miracle drug.

lisa80 liked
MemberMember
(@derek-c)

Posted : 11/06/2016 8:14 pm

Awesome, thanks for the update!  Your skin looks great, so glad it all worked out well for you.  We need to hear more stories like this, imo!  Very inspirational :) .

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@scarletbegonias)

Posted : 11/22/2016 10:55 pm

On 11/6/2016 at 6:14 PM, Derek C said:

Awesome, thanks for the update!  Your skin looks great, so glad it all worked out well for you.  We need to hear more stories like this, imo!  Very inspirational :) .

Thanks Derek! I know success stories from others really helped me feel brave through it all, so I wanted to put my story out there for others as well. :)