Notifications
Clear all

Accutane 10mg

MemberMember
(@beccajane22)

Posted : 10/25/2016 2:24 am

Hi, I am on 10mg of accutane and have been for 16/17 days now. It's pretty much the same if not worse. Have loads of little white spots all over my nose and my chin is covered and never even had them on my forehead often and now I have 3 or 4! I really think this dose is too low for me. I'm about 55kgs and female and 25! Want to be on a higher dose from reading a lot of reviews.

Help!
becca

MemberMember
(@jayetig)

Posted : 10/26/2016 7:49 pm

Hey Becca,

I'm finishing up month two on my second round and am taking 30mg twice a day (I'm 66kgs, female, and 23). I've read on here that some doctors start out a lower dose initially, so that may be the case. My first round was two years ago so I don't remember how long it took for me to see results, but I would wait a little longer before suggesting a higher dose. Every one has different results and timeline, but if you're still having this concern at your month check-up, I'd express your concern to your provider.

MemberMember
(@beccajane22)

Posted : 10/30/2016 10:43 am

Thank you :) I've read a few times that they only give lower doses here in Australia :( so that may be the reason! It is pretty consistent at the moment. Only
side effect has been dry lips! I just really don't want to have to take this all again and have to repeat because I've read that's usually the case on lower doses too :( x

MemberMember
(@girlquestion)

Posted : 10/30/2016 10:31 pm

Hey Becca,

Im in Australia too, i think they like to start at a lower dose here!

I was on 10 mg per day for a month until my second appt where my derm increased it to 20 mg /day. I'm20 and 63kg female.

The fact that it has gotten worse it surprisingly a good thing, it means that it is working for you! mine has gotten worse also, since going to 20mg / day it has been even worse, But I can see it clearing up quicker - for instance a pimple coming up overnight and going in 2-3 days rather than a week.

I would give it atleast a month, they will need to check your liver functions before they can increase it anyway- to accurately test that the month is needed to show that your all clear!

hope this helps!

Carly x

MemberMember
(@beccajane22)

Posted : 11/05/2016 5:08 am

Hi Carly!!

Thank you! It's gotten pretty bad again but I can totally relate to what you mean..a spot now dries up so quick that you almost forget about that one and focus on the next one that's come up! Haha xx