Notifications
Clear all

Keto and accutane?

MemberMember
(@newjack)

Posted : 10/20/2016 1:56 pm

Has anyone been on a keto diet while on accutane? Before I started accutane I had a cholesterol of 185 which was normal, and now going on 4th month 60mg and 219lbs my cholesterol has shot up to 298. The first month on 30mg it went to 205. My doctor is lowering my dosage in hopes that it will lower my cholesterol and I will start talking ultra fish oil 3x a day.

Anyone have any experience or advice?

MemberMember
(@brokenporecelain)

Posted : 10/23/2016 1:57 am

When I was on accutane, I had to be very careful because my bloodwork was awful and actually I wasn't even allowed to go on accutane right away because Itwas so bad..took many months and 3 tests to get approved, I went into overdrive during that time and while on accutane (also I continued afterwards too) changed my diet and lifestyle..exercised and stayed moving/standing constantly, drank 1-2 gallons of water a day (you have to build up to it), ate nothing but low Mercury fish, vegetables, and sweet potatoes with olive oil (the last one I ate in the morning with the accutane pill)..a few of my blood tests while on it actually came back LOWER..my derm found that highly unusual..but good for me!
I think at one point I also ordered milk thistle seeds, and I would roast them lightly in the oven and eat them (they cleanse/relieve the liver, people actually give it to their dogs who have poor liver panels too!)