Hi guys

MemberMember
(@misssadsack)

Posted : 10/10/2016 4:43 am

Hi guus I will be starting isotretinoin in November, any advice for me please thank you

MemberMember
(@hominid)

Posted : 10/10/2016 5:55 am

• Expect dryness - particularly lips, eyes and nose.
  • There is a possibility that your acne may get a bit worse before it gets better.
  • Expect dryness.
  • You may get some aches and pains.
  • Expect dryness.
  • Read up on all the possible side effects - don't get paranoid, but also don't ignore any obvious signs.
  • Expect dryness.
  • Keep positive, and always remember... this stuff works.

Good luck.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@misssadsack)

Posted : 10/10/2016 5:58 am

Thank you hominid, little worried but I'll take each day as it comes, I know my body well so any signs of something not being right I'll stop. What are the rates of relapse do you know?

MemberMember
(@hominid)

Posted : 10/10/2016 6:45 am

I doubt there is a single person who wasn't a little worried when beginning these kind of treatments, so it's perfectly normal.

[removed]

About a month or so after my course ended my acne did return, but only to a relatively minor level, and it has been pretty well managed after that.

All anybody can do is take each day as it comes, particularly when monitoring changes, but always keep the long term result in mind, because things do get a lot better.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@misssadsack)

Posted : 10/10/2016 6:48 am

Thank you I will have a look. I just don't want to feel like a monster anymore :( how did you control your acne when it came back? Also are you male or  female? Thank you 

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@hominid)

Posted : 10/10/2016 7:24 am

I'm male. I took a low-ish dose of Roaccutane for 6 months, which cleared my face 100% spotless. As I said, after about a month or so my acne started to return, but gradually, and not to the 'moderate' level it was before. I actually managed to get by with no follow-up treatment at all (just a good face wash) for another 6 months or so before it got a bit worse (but still nowhere near what it was before). I then used Differin gel for a year or so, which was pretty good, and during the good times it kept my skin clear. After that I switched to Epiduo gel which has been working brilliantly ever since.

Everybody will be different, so there's no reason to think that this treatment couldn't cure your acne permanently, just be positive and don't judge yourself - Acne is not your fault, and it doesn't define your value or change the person you are.

DeLovely liked