Notifications
Clear all

Initial breakout fight

MemberMember
(@mickey93)

Posted : 10/01/2016 1:45 am

Hey I've began using an Adapaline topical gel of 0.1 mg and am experiancing a large initial breakout as it has nearly been two weeks since i began using the medication. Im hoping it wont last very long because it has been persistent since the day i started using it, and am getting more zits through each day.

Regardless of that my main question is what is the long term cause and cure of acne coming from the use of adapaline. Will i still get ance breakouts 8 months down the road will i get an occasional pimple. Or will it mature my skin and create an acne free zone eventually so i dont need the retnoid any longer.

If there is no rainbow at the end of the yellow brick road for the adapaline,since ive began using this gel and have started experiancing this horrific breakout could i start taking accutane a small time afterwards and avoid the initial breakout that product has since it is proven to stave off acne for good without the pain and worry of topical gels.

I just do not want to experiance two seperate breakouts. If i am able to avoid one initial breakout by the use of the retnoid as some sort of face protector until i have completed the accutane session, i would love to know if that is possible.

Please let me know if you have any information

Thanks

MemberMember
(@crue29)

Posted : 11/26/2016 5:13 am

Before i was prescribed Accutane i used similar stuff and had the same problem. No matter what i used seemed to make the problem worse. Talk to your Dr. About accutane, It was the best decision I've ever made.