Notifications
Clear all

Read this if you have Dry Lips from Accutane

MemberMember
(@whitedaisy)

Posted : 09/29/2016 10:01 pm

Hey Everyone,

So I just wanted to let you guys with severe dry lips from accutane know about this amazing product that can help relieve them. So the product I use while on accutane is Pure Lanolin. It is rich and yellowish in colour. Super glossy and I think looks like an amazing colourless lip gloss. It made my lips look like big glossy model lips! Well that's what my mum said anyway. It is made from sheep oil and usually used for sensitive nipples and by breastfeeding mothers. But this stuff has saved my lips. In less than two weeks I was able to wear lipstick again! It was incredible. I am on a lower dose of accutane than most users but this stuff really does nourish and treat dry lips. Many people use aquaphor or vaseline. I have not tried aquaphor as it is not available in Australia. But lanolin is realistically 5 times better the vaseline. You can now buy this as a lip balm already by the brand lanolips but I use the generic chemist version called Pure Lanolin and there is a lot of it so it will last alot longer than the lanolips brand plus it is even more hydrating. So please give it ago if you are suffering. I hope this will help you. Lots of love and good luck on your journey xx

-WhiteDaisy

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 09/30/2016 10:59 am

You can also use a super common product: Hydrocortisone Cream

MemberMember
(@dana19860)

Posted : 01/09/2017 9:52 am

I can back this up 100%! Last week I had tried everything from ALL lip balms, bepanthen, Hydrocortisone 1% and none of them worked, all left my lips bleeding, cracking and constantly peeling off completely. I had also noticed that the more water I drank the worse my lips were. I went to the chemist last week pretty upset as I work in customer service and was very self conscious of talking to customers while my lips were like that. He explained to me that while for most people, generic balms work well, for some the water element in generic balms can further irritate the lips, this even applies to Vaseline believe it or not, he suggested that the oiler the product, the better the results should be, as the product would protect and waterproof the lips. I explained I had already tried Vassline, which is when he recommended this product. The product is called 'Wool Fat' where I from and it's literally as it sounds, it's the fat off the wool of sheep (which sounds disgusting I know) but at this point I was willing to try anything I was in so much pain. As a follow up, the second I put it on it was the most relief I'd had all year, I've been using it religiously for a few weeks now and my lips are completely healed and looking normal again! Please consider giving this a try guys if you've run out of options, it worked so well for me I almost can't believe it after being such bad lips for so long!