Notifications
Clear all

A question to all Roaccutane users

MemberMember
(@gracefuljay)

Posted : 09/03/2016 12:30 pm

I have a question to all the people who are currently using Roaccutane or already ended the treatment.
I would be very, very grateful if you answer honestly, and please, people who never used the drug, don't comment because I'm really concerned.
I have 4 questions if you might answer each <3

1. What side effects did you experience?
2. Did it actually help you and if yes, how long did it take?
3. Does Roaccutane cure black spots and red marks?
4. What's something I should know before starting the course?

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 09/03/2016 2:12 pm

Hi, I took accutane around 7 years ago when I was in high school.

1. The only side effect I remember was getting a small rash on my arms from dryness. I got some body lotion from the drugstore that my derm recommended and that took care of it. Other than that I didn't have much of a problem with dryness like others seem to experience. I had no other side effects

2. Yes, it was a lifesaver for me. It completely restored my confidence and I no longer had to obsess over my skin or feel self-conscious all the time. It did get worse for the first 2-3 months or so before it got better, but after that it slowly got better and better. I was completely clear by the end of the treatment and most of my scars/marks completely faded with time.

3. I honestly don't remember. By the end of the treatment I was just so happy to finally have skin that was smooth and not covered with acne that any marks left behind didn't really bother me. They faded in time anyway.

4. Be patient. Try not to obsess over the day-to-day changes in your skin - if you want to track your progress take pictures monthly or something like that. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@annakristine)

Posted : 09/28/2016 6:51 pm

1) I've experience about everything, but the more prominent symptoms are the dry lips, skin, hair, and nose.

2) Initially (month 1) I have a lot of improvements, but then at the end of month 2 leading into month 3 I had a terrible breakout. Now i'm almost on month 4 and my skin is soo clear!!

3) I have some scarring but no red or black marks.

4)Use hydrocortisone on everything. If the sides of your mouth crack at the corners (mine do constantly) lather up with the hydrocortisone. Same if you get a runny nose, and the skin right under your nose gets raw. Also, use Kiehls Ultra Facial cream, pricey but totally worth it!!!