Notifications
Clear all

products to use when on accutane (UK)

MemberMember
(@absolum1001)

Posted : 08/03/2016 2:20 am

Hi all,
im new to the forum but have used the site for lots of info and advice. Anyway after 8 long years, multiple antibiotics, contraception and topical meds, I'm finally getting Accutane (Just called Isotretinoin here in the UK).
I don't start until September but have prepared myself for the possibility of this for many months.
what I want to ask is, what must have products should I have, such as moisturisers, washes etc. What has worked for other people?
I've seen the treatment for cracked lips pinned on the forum which I'll remember about, but most other products are USA products only. Any UK people, or products I can get hold of in the UK worth looking at?
Thank you

MemberMember
(@cna7)

Posted : 08/03/2016 11:11 am

I am currently in Month 5 and having awesome results and barely any dry skin thanks to what I am using! :)

If you follow what I use, you will be just fine! 

Start using these products two weeks up until you start and during treatment 

For lips:
Apply Cortibalm first, UK amazon
then Vaniply Ointment or Aquaphor second  UK amazon
*keep these on your lips all day, every day, dont ever let your lips go without them or they will start to peel and dry out like everyone else's!

For skin:
Eminence Organic Stone Crop Gel Wash,
Eminence Organic Stone Crop Moisturizer,
Eminence Organic Stone Crop Serum for Hydration and Lightening 
UK amazon or buy in store at a salon in your area Store Locator

*these products are pricey but they are worth every penny and a little product goes a long way, they are safe, hydrating, and good for your skin, no harsh chemicals, parabens, or anything that will upset your delicate and sensitive skin on accutane. If you have instagram you can see my skin results at [removed]. I've turned a lot of people onto the Stone Crop line because it works so well. I don't get commission from Eminence :P  I just love telling people about how well it works for me! 

For hair:
A good quality Shampoo and Conditioner that uses Argan oil 

Best wishes and keep us posted on your journey!

MemberMember
(@absolum1001)

Posted : 08/03/2016 1:00 pm

thank you so much for this :D