Notifications
Clear all

post accutane moderate acne - persistent

MemberMember
(@stiffchocolate)

Posted : 06/27/2016 11:07 am

im 3 month post accutane and my skin is fairly satisfactory. i always have at least 3 noticable spots with smaller bumps over forehead and cheeks.
i wander if i can use a topical prescribed by a doctort - i have been on duac before or is there something else i can use.
i was also considering trying to get an antibiotic prescribed because i really just want clear skin....
not to mention my blemishes from acccutane which are very noticeable.
many thanks

MemberMember
(@elee92)

Posted : 06/27/2016 11:47 am

Maybe try OTC spot treatments or Retin A seems to be the most popular topical prescribed by the derm. If it's just a couple of spots, I wouldn't bother with antibiotics - the negatives would outweigh the benefits.

Red spots and dark spots will fade over time - ask you derm if he has any scar fading creams he suggests. Stay out of the sun, wear sunblock, keep your skin and diet clean, and you should be fine..

MemberMember
(@kaay12)

Posted : 06/27/2016 3:35 pm

You shouldn't using any creams to help with acne while on accutane. I understand how badly you want clear skin, since I'm dealing with the same thing, but just be patient and let accutane do what accutane does best. It's worth the wait.